Search result description:Jun 6, 2007 ... The Linux kernel is the core of a large and complex operating system, and while
it's huge, it is well organized in terms of subsystems and layers ...
Search result description:Aug 29, 2005 ... Welcome to "Linux kernel," the first of eight tutorials designed to prepare you for
LPI exam 201. In this tutorial, you will learn how to compile and ...
Search result description:Mar 21, 2007 ... Linux system calls -- we use them every day. But do you know how a system call
is performed from user-space to the kernel? Explore the Linux ...
Search result description:To download the linux-2.6.38.tar.gz visit: http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/
v2.6. Since kernel 2.6.35, no more kernel kerntypes-patches (required for work ...
Search result description:Aug 11, 2010 ... In Linux, user memory and kernel memory are independent and implemented in
separate address spaces. The address spaces are virtualized, ...
Search result description:To download the linux-2.6.35.tar.gz visit: http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/
v2.6. Starting with kernel 2.6.35, no more kernel kerntypes-patches (which are ...
Search result description:Mar 14, 2006 ... The /proc filesystem is a virtual filesystem that permits a novel approach for
communication between the Linux kernel and user space. In the ...
Search result description:Sep 30, 2010 ... Explore the entire process of kernel logging, from printk to insertion into the user
... linux/include/linux/kernel.h (and its implementation in .
Search result description:Feb 16, 2010 ... The Linux system call interface permits user-space applications to invoke
functionality in the kernel, but what about invoking user-space ...
Search result description:Jun 19, 2012 ... In March 2012, version 3.3 of the Linux kernel was released (followed in by
version 3.4 in May). In addition to a plethora of small features and ...
Search result description:Nov 18, 2008 ... The Linux kernel uses several special capabilities of the GNU Compiler
Collection (GCC) suite. These capabilities range from giving you ...
Search result description:Apr 7, 2010 ... Linux as a hypervisor includes a number of innovations, and one of the more
interesting changes in the 2.6.32 kernel is Kernel Shared Memory ...
Search result description:Mar 30, 2010 ... The Linux kernel includes a variety of APIs intended to help developers build
simpler and more efficient driver and kernel applications. Two of ...
Search result description:To download the linux-2.6.36.tar.gz visit: //www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6.
Since kernel 2.6.35, no more kernel kerntypes-patches (required for work with ...
Search result description:Mar 2, 2010 ... An introduction to bottom halves in Linux 2.6. For high-frequency threaded
operations, the Linux® kernel provides tasklets and work queues.
Related blog entries
- Building the dlm.ko kernel module on PoweLinux mhhaque 2014-02-10T06:27:28Z
- How can I determine whether a Kernel Linux version is supported by ... PedroMoura 2013-03-29T14:17:12Z
- As novidades do Linux 3.7 PabloHess 2012-12-20T16:43:25Z
- As novidades do Linux 3.6 PabloHess 2012-10-11T01:30:54Z
- Linux system calls Himanshuz.chd 2012-07-21T16:56:31Z
Related forum threads
- Can't install RHEL 7 on an IBM 520 posted by aaroberts 2015-04-05T13:52:35Z
- GPFS V3.4 announcements posted by firstname.lastname@example.org 2015-03-16T12:52:48Z
- Enabling virtualization (Intel-VT) on IntelliStation Z Pro machine posted by SystemAdmin 2015-02-23T12:57:25Z
- GPFS on Linux 3.14 or 3.16? posted by MehdiDogguy 2015-02-20T14:28:14Z
- Building KTAP module for your kernel posted by Mindaugas Rutkauskas 2015-01-29T05:06:50Z