Search result description:Jun 6, 2007 ... The Linux kernel is the core of a large and complex operating system, and while
it's huge, it is well organized in terms of subsystems and layers ...
Search result description:Sep 20, 2005 ... Welcome to "Linux kernel," the first of eight tutorials designed to prepare you for
LPI exam 201. In this tutorial, you will learn how to compile and ...
Search result description:To download the linux-2.6.35.tar.gz visit: http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/
v2.6. Starting with kernel 2.6.35, no more kernel kerntypes-patches (which are ...
Search result description:Nov 18, 2008 ... The Linux kernel uses several special capabilities of the GNU Compiler
Collection (GCC) suite. These capabilities range from giving you ...
Search result description:Mar 30, 2010 ... The Linux kernel includes a variety of APIs intended to help developers build
simpler and more efficient driver and kernel applications. Two of ...
Search result description:Jun 19, 2012 ... In March 2012, version 3.3 of the Linux kernel was released (followed in by
version 3.4 in May). In addition to a plethora of small features and ...
Search result description:Aug 11, 2010 ... An introduction to Linux memory and user space APIs. As the kernel and user
space exist in different virtual address spaces, there are special ...
Search result description:Mar 2, 2010 ... An introduction to bottom halves in Linux 2.6. For high-frequency threaded
operations, the Linux® kernel provides tasklets and work queues.
Search result description:Mar 14, 2006 ... The /proc filesystem is a virtual filesystem that permits a novel approach for
communication between the Linux kernel and user space. In the ...
Search result description:Aug 19, 2004 ... Collecting debugging information from the Linux kernel using printk is a well-
known method -- and with Kprobes, it can be done without the ...
Search result description:Apr 7, 2010 ... Linux as a hypervisor includes a number of innovations, and one of the more
interesting changes in the 2.6.32 kernel is Kernel Shared Memory ...
Search result description:To download the linux-2.6.38.tar.gz visit: http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/
v2.6. Since kernel 2.6.35, no more kernel kerntypes-patches (required for work ...
Search result description:Mar 21, 2007 ... Linux system calls -- we use them every day. But do you know how a system call
is performed from user-space to the kernel? Explore the Linux ...
Search result description:Sep 30, 2010 ... In kernel development, we useprintk for logging without much thought. But have
you ... linux/include/linux/kernel.h (and its implementation in .
Search result description:Feb 16, 2010 ... The Linux system call interface permits user-space applications to invoke
functionality in the kernel, but what about invoking user-space ...
Related blog entries
- Building the dlm.ko kernel module on PoweLinux mhhaque 2014-02-10T06:27:28Z
- How can I determine whether a Kernel Linux version is supported by ... PedroMoura 2013-03-29T14:17:12Z
- As novidades do Linux 3.7 PabloHess 2012-12-20T16:43:25Z
- As novidades do Linux 3.6 PabloHess 2012-10-11T01:30:54Z
- Linux system calls Himanshuz.chd 2012-07-21T16:56:31Z
Related forum threads
- GPFS on Linux 3.14 or 3.16? posted by MehdiDogguy 2014-08-18T12:33:40Z
- Does any GPFS procedure write a GPT table under Linux? posted by db808 2014-08-07T20:37:21Z
- LX52 - PowerLinux Performance Fundamentals posted by viqar 2014-08-07T06:14:35Z
- GPFS 3.5 (PTF19) on Debian 6 posted by MehdiDogguy 2014-07-28T08:05:31Z
- compilation of 3.5 on RHEL7 release candidate posted by dmr1 2014-07-21T17:49:44Z