Search result description:Oct 30, 2007 ... When it comes to file systems, Linux is the Swiss Army knife of operating systems.
Linux supports a large number of file systems, from ...
Search result description:Jun 9, 2010 ... Learn the correct location for files under the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS)
on a Linux system and learn how to find important files and ...
Search result description:Aug 31, 2009 ... Linux is the very definition of flexibility and extensibility. Take the virtual file
system switch (VFS). You can create file systems on a variety of ...
Search result description:Jun 4, 2008 ... In recent history, journaling file systems were viewed as an oddity and thought of
primarily in terms of research. But today, a journaling file ...
Search result description:Dec 6, 2011 ... In preparation for taking the Linux Professional Institute Certification exam LPI-
302 for systems administrators, learn how Samba interacts with ...
Search result description:Oct 31, 2009 ... Linux continues to innovate in the area of file systems. It supports the largest
variety of file systems of any operating system. It also provides ...
Search result description:Mar 14, 2006 ... The /proc filesystem is a virtual filesystem that permits a novel approach for
communication between the Linux kernel and user space. In the ...
Search result description:May 20, 2008 ... You've probably heard of Journaling Flash File System (JFFS) and Yet Another
Flash File System (YAFFS), but do you know what it means to ...
Search result description:Check the GPFS FAQ for the latest on supported Linux distributions and levels.
Q2.2 What .... Mount the file system on all nodes using the mmmountcommand:.
Search result description:Jun 4, 2010 ... Linux continues to invade the scalable computing space and, ... A recent addition
to Linux's impressive selection of file systems is Ceph, ...
Search result description:Apr 6, 2010 ... Use inotify when you need efficient, fine-grained, asynchronous monitoring of
Linux file system events. Use it for user-space monitoring for ...
Search result description:Feb 28, 2006 ... With Filesystem in Userspace (FUSE), you can develop a user space ... you can
create your own fully functional filesystem in user space in Linux.
Search result description:Nov 10, 2010 ... Network File System (NFS) has been around since 1984, but it continues to
evolve and provide the basis for distributed file systems. Today ...
Search result description:Jul 12, 2010 ... Finally, you learned that a Linux filesystem contains files that are arranged on a
disk or other block storage device in directories. As with many ...
Search result description:Nov 11, 2003 ... In Linux, there is just one file structure. It starts with root (/) and all local file
systems, all local devices, and all remote file systems are ...
Related blog entries
- Announcing the latest draft release of IBM Spectrum Scale (formerly GP... DinoQuintero 2015-03-20T18:06:05Z
- 5 things you should know about IBM Spectrum Scale (formerly GPFS) DinoQuintero 2015-03-09T15:36:33Z
- Announcing the IBM General Parallel File System (GPFS) Update Residenc... DinoQuintero 2014-08-07T22:44:59Z
- 5 benefits you should know about of the IBM General Parallel File Syst... DinoQuintero 2014-04-01T03:11:26Z
- IBM GPFS - Are you Ready? DinoQuintero 2014-04-01T03:06:08Z
Related forum threads
- Does GPFS support FIEMAP posted by wenji 2014-12-16T22:26:02Z
- DMT - MS SQL Server - Data Extraction posted by tombastian 2014-09-09T11:44:56Z
- IBM Content Collector FIle System to FileNet P8 5.2 posted by Nithya_V 2014-08-13T09:35:57Z
- Is It possible change the default installation path (/usr/z1090/) in L... posted by SergioDataAdviser 2013-06-13T11:29:11Z
- FORMAT FROM LINUX to WINDOWS RAID? posted by SystemAdmin 2013-02-08T02:13:23Z