Search result description:By learning how to program in the bash scripting language, your day-to-day
interaction with Linux will become more fun and productive, and you'll be able to
Search result description:Feb 20, 2007 ... The Bash shell is available on many Linux® and UNIX® systems today, and is a
common default shell on Linux. Bash includes powerful ...
Search result description:May 16, 2007 ... The bash shell is available on many Linux® and UNIX® systems today, and is a
common default shell on Linux. In this tip you will learn how to ...
Search result description:Function testing is a critical part of software development -- and Bash, which is
already loaded in Linux and ready to go, can help you do it quickly and easily.
Search result description:Feb 18, 2013 ... In his introductory article on bash, Daniel Robbins walked you through some of
the scripting ... Dig deeper into Linux on developerWorks.
Search result description:Daniel Robbins takes a good look at the Gentoo Linux ebuild system, an
excellent example of the power of bash.
Search result description:Dec 6, 2011 ... Lots of command shells are available, from Bash and Korn to C ... then explore
some of the useful and exotic shells available for Linux today.
Search result description:Sep 1, 2000 ... As Linux/UNIX people, we spend a lot of time working in the shell, and in ...
Under bash, you can set your prompt by changing the value of the ...
Search result description:Oct 14, 2012 ... Most of the people who use Linux on regular basis tend to use command line a
lot. This is because once you get used to it, its very easy to do ...
Search result description:Oct 12, 2010 ... If you're new to Linux or UNIX administration and want to get up to speed on bash
scripting techniques, or you're a Windows engineer running ...
Search result description:Aug 25, 2009 ... The bash shell is one of several shells available for Linux. It is also called the
Bourne-again shell, after Stephen Bourne, the creator of an ...
Search result description:Oct 14, 2009 ... A Linux shell, such as Bash, receives input and sends output as sequences or
streams of characters. Each character is independent of the one ...
Search result description:Sep 4, 2013 ... Linux/UNIX Shell Scripting: Why does "echo" remove spaces and newlines
sometimes? ... Tags: bash korn shell unix linux scripting aix ksh ...
Search result description:Feb 2, 2010 ... This article grounds you in the basic Linux techniques for managing .... If your
default shell is not Bash, and if the script does not work for you, ...
Search result description:Sep 2, 2011 ... The first step is often the hardest, but don't let that stop you. If you've ever wanted
to learn how to write a shell script but didn't know where to ...
Related blog entries
- Shell scripting in depth: Understanding return codes, the test command... brian_s 2014-12-27T04:10:32Z
- Linux/UNIX Shell Scripting: Why does "echo" remove spaces and newlines... brian_s 2013-09-05T02:44:57Z
- Shell scripting in depth: Understanding return codes, the test comman... brian_s 2012-11-05T01:56:33Z
- Compare files on remote servers using process substitution brian_s 2012-05-04T05:49:15Z
Related forum threads
- Unable to parse the xml posted by smashyrahul 2015-01-28T22:02:59Z
- CPLEX license file error posted by willrecker 2012-10-23T18:59:59Z
- BigInsight Basic edition installation error: Hadoop, Hive failed posted by SystemAdmin 2013-10-18T14:48:30Z
- FORCE APPLICATION vs " ! posted by Jotac 2013-04-17T10:35:54Z
- how I have made my bladeCenter S (8886 model) works / VSphere 5.1. posted by SystemAdmin 2013-03-29T16:48:33Z