Search result description:By learning how to program in the bash scripting language, your day-to-day
interaction with Linux will become more fun and productive, and you'll be able to
Search result description:Feb 20, 2007 ... The Bash shell is available on many Linux® and UNIX® systems today, and is a
common default shell on Linux. Bash includes powerful ...
Search result description:May 16, 2007 ... The bash shell is available on many Linux® and UNIX® systems today, and is a
common default shell on Linux. In this tip you will learn how to ...
Search result description:In his final Bash by example article, Daniel Robbins takes a good look at the
Gentoo Linux ebuild system, an excellent example of the power of bash. Step by
Search result description:Function testing is a critical part of software development -- and Bash, which is
already loaded in Linux and ready to go, can help you do it quickly and easily.
Search result description:Sep 1, 2000 ... As Linux/UNIX people, we spend a lot of time working in the shell, and in ...
Under bash, you can set your prompt by changing the value of the ...
Search result description:Oct 14, 2012 ... Most of the people who use Linux on regular basis tend to use command line a
lot. This is because once you get used to it, its very easy to do ...
Search result description:Feb 18, 2013 ... In his introductory article on bash, Daniel Robbins walked you through some of
the scripting ... Dig deeper into Linux on developerWorks.
Search result description:Dec 6, 2011 ... Lots of command shells are available, from Bash and Korn to C ... then explore
some of the useful and exotic shells available for Linux today.
Search result description:Oct 12, 2010 ... If you're new to Linux or UNIX administration and want to get up to speed on bash
scripting techniques, or you're a Windows engineer running ...
Search result description:Aug 25, 2009 ... The bash shell is one of several shells available for Linux. It is also called the
Bourne-again shell, after Stephen Bourne, the creator of an ...
Search result description:Oct 14, 2009 ... A Linux shell, such as Bash, receives input and sends output as sequences or
streams of characters. Each character is independent of the one ...
Search result description:Jul 23, 2009 ... Learn how to use the Linux command line and some basic Bash scripting
techniques to draw lines and text on images using ImageMagick.
Search result description:Sep 2, 2011 ... The first step is often the hardest, but don't let that stop you. If you've ever wanted
to learn how to write a shell script but didn't know where to ...
Search result description:Sep 4, 2013 ... Brian Smith's AIX / UNIX / Linux / Open Source blog. Log in to participate ... and
newlines. Tags: bash korn shell unix linux scripting aix ksh ...
Related blog entries
- start browser on commandline with HTML page from stdin HermannSW 2015-03-03T17:35:06Z
- Shell scripting in depth: Understanding return codes, the test command... brian_s 2014-12-27T04:10:32Z
- Linux/UNIX Shell Scripting: Why does "echo" remove spaces and newlines... brian_s 2013-09-05T02:44:57Z
- Shell scripting in depth: Understanding return codes, the test comman... brian_s 2012-11-05T01:56:33Z
- Compare files on remote servers using process substitution brian_s 2012-05-04T05:49:15Z
Related forum threads
- Unable to parse the xml posted by smashyrahul 2015-01-28T22:02:59Z
- CPLEX license file error posted by willrecker 2012-10-23T18:59:59Z
- BigInsight Basic edition installation error: Hadoop, Hive failed posted by SystemAdmin 2013-10-18T14:48:30Z
- FORCE APPLICATION vs " ! posted by Jotac 2013-04-17T10:35:54Z
- how I have made my bladeCenter S (8886 model) works / VSphere 5.1. posted by SystemAdmin 2013-03-29T16:48:33Z