Add a user to ITIM
It's nice to be able to manage accounts for LDAP directories and other systems in one place with ITIM, but at this point, each system's accounts are still handled separately. By associating accounts with a particular person, you can enable easier management of all that user's accounts; you also make it possible to synchronize passwords across those accounts. You can even allow users to log in to ITIM to manage their accounts for themselves. In this section, you'll create a user within ITIM that you can set as the owner of accounts on any system managed by ITIM.
- Within ITIM, click Manager Users to open the Manage User page, shown
in Figure 16. Click the Search button to list all users. After installation,
there is only one user by default, the System Administrator.
Figure 16. Manage users
- Click Create.
- Enter the values shown in Figure 17 to create a user named Mindy McTest,
then click Continue.
Figure 17. Create a user
- Select the Allow me to type a password radio button, then enter a password
hell0MINDY, for example -- and click Submit.
- Once again, you'll see a success message indicating that a request has been
submitted, as shown in Figure 18. You should also note that the message
identifies Mindy McTest as the ITIM login ID for this user. Mindy can now log
in to the ITIM Web interface with this ID. By default, Mindy is not an ITIM
administrator and so would not see all of the features that you can see now as
the ITIM manager. Click Close.
Figure 18. Successful user creation
- Back on the Manage Users page, click Refresh to reload the list of users. Mindy McTest should now be in the list. Click Close.