This page contains information about Tivoli Application Management solutions.
The IBM Tivoli Composite Application Management solution helps you increase the performance and availability of business-critical applications, including portal and SOA-based technologies. Proactive, real-time problem resolution is uniquely performed utilizing a portal-based end-to-end view of services, transactions and associated resources across platforms and subsystems, and launch in context between transactions and resources. The Tivoli solution can reduce IT lifecycle costs across operations, support and development by directly linking operations and development.
Today's business processes often depend on a number of complex applications. These composite applications use business logic and data that span Web servers, J2EE application servers, integration middleware and mainframe systems. Although most businesses have traditional monitoring tools to manage individual resources at a high level, many lack an integrated solution to automatically monitor, analyze and resolve problems at the service, transaction, application and resource levels. As a result, operations and development may take a long time to identify, isolate and fix composite application problems. View the META analyst report for additional information on composite application management challenges.
The IBM Tivoli Composite Application Management solution helps you quickly isolate, diagnose and fix business-critical application performance problems. When an incident occurs, the Tivoli solution helps the IT staff quickly resolve it by facilitating the information flow between the Operations, Development and Support groups. A powerful visualization of problem information is available using the Tivoli Enterprise Portal, along with customizable views of performance metrics. View the buyer's guide for in-depth checklists to help evaluate application management solutions.
The Tivoli composite application management solution is designed to help you:
The Tivoli solution addresses all three dimensions of effective application management:
- Services and Transactions - service level response times and
IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Response Time Tracking quickly identifies and isolates bottlenecks;
IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for SOA manages and controls web services.
- Applications - deep-dive diagnostics and correlation across
IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for WebSphere® provides drill-down diagnostics for J2EE, CICS and IMS application performance problems.
- Resource Monitoring - application server monitoring and
IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE® for WebSphere Business Integration provides resource analysis for WebSphere messaging software.
IBM is positioned in the Leaders Quadrant in Gartner, Inc.'s J2EE Application Server Management Magic Quadrant. Read the Gartner report (PDF) here.
The Tivoli Composite Application Management solution is part of the IBM IT Lifecycle Management solution which includes Govern IT, Ensure Functional Quality, Ensure System Performance, and Accelerate Deployment solution scenarios. It is also an integral part of IBM's IT Service Management solutions that are designed to help deliver services based upon a framework of best practices.
- "IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Response Time
ITCAM for Response Time Tracking is an end-to-end transaction management solution that can proactively recognize, isolate and resolve end user response time performance problems.
- "Monitor and diagnose performance in Java SE 6"
IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for SOA can monitor, manage and control the Web services layer to identify the source of bottlenecks or failures.
- "IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for WebSphere"
IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for WebSphere helps increase the performance and availability of business-critical applications through real-time problem determination across subsystems WebSphere, CICS, IMS.
- "IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for WebSphere Business Integration"
Resource analysis for WebSphere MQ, message broker and interchange server
- Web feature - Composite application management challenges and solutions
- "Monitor and diagnose performance in Java SE 6" describes performance and monitoring enhancements in Java SE 6.
- Customer video: Folksam, Sweden
- eBay supports growing online marketplace with reliable, on demand services
- Customer video: Stadtsparkasse Munchen
Composite Application Management resources
Composite Application Management links
- IT Life-Cycle Management: Will a Platform Emerge?
- Composite Applications and the Application Management Life Cycle
- Butler Group report "IBM Tivoli Monitoring for Transaction Performance v5.3 (463 KB)
- Web Feature on composite application management challenges and solutions
- IBM is positioned in the Leaders Quadrant in Gartner, Inc.'s J2EE Application Server Management Magic Quadrant. Click here to read the Gartner report (50 KB)
- IBM Tivoli Monitoring for Transaction Performance helps maximize performance of your applications - Tivoli Monitoring for Transaction Performance and Rational Robot white paper (143 KB)
- Tivoli Monitoring for Transaction Performance - product demonstration
- Infrastructure Management white paper "Automate and integrate within and across IT processes to support the continually changing needs of business processes (342 KB)