- Milestone 5 (1/18/13)
- Milestone 4 (11/29/12)
- Milestone 3 (10/11/12)
- Milestone 2 (8/30/12)
- Milestone 1 (7/19/12)
IBM Smart Cloud Monitoring is based on an integrated set of strategic IBM/Tivoli technologies and products that provide a complete solution for monitoring the health of clouds and virtual environments. This includes availability, performance and capacity of the resources of the virtual infrastructure of clouds and data centers as well as of the resources allocated to the workloads and cloud services running in the virtual environment.
- Provide the ability for Cloud Providers to react quickly to the needs of its Cloud Consumers by providing a complete solution for monitoring the availability, performance and capacity of the resources in the cloud.
- Provide the ability for Cloud Consumers to monitor the health of their workloads running in the cloud.
- Provide the ability for IT Operations staff to monitor the health of the virtual environments in the Enterprise data centers.
- Monitor the OS, middleware and applications associated to the workloads as well as obtain monitoring information about the cloud infrastructure associated to the workloads.
- Provide a holistic end to end management and visualization of virtual, physical environment resources and workloads in context with drill down for additional details.
- Provide smart analytics and reports for valuable insights, to enable customers to have a better understanding of current environment availability, capacity and performance as well as forecasting.
- Provide capacity planning tools for additional hypervisors so Cloud Providers can optimize and consolidate the cloud resources and plan for the future.
- Provide automation via actions, integration with other Tivoli tools and integration with 3rd party hypervisor, and hardware vendor tools.
- Provide visualization that is easy to use with a state of the art look and feel.
The following themes guide the planning of this release:
- Continue to enhance existing Web 2.0 User Interfaces (dashboards) look and feel and include Web 2.0 User Interfaces for more components of SmartCloud Monitoring.
- Enable additional in context drill down for problem resolution.
- Extend physical network contents in Dashboards.
Continue to deliver capacity planning for additional key hypervisors, platforms and clouds.
Continue to deliver out of the box reports for performance and capacity for additional key hypervisors, platforms and clouds.
Continue to extend the predictive analytics for additional key hypervisors.
- Deliver root cause determination through the use of OMNIbus/IBM Tivoli Network Manager to enable faster problem identification, remediation and resolution.
- Increase the level of integration with hypervisor management tools such as VMware vCenter.
Include support for additional key hypervisors in SmartCloud Monitoring (z/VM, Hyper-V).
Extend communication of environment changes (VM creation, deletion, migration) to Tivoli Application Dependency Discovery Manager for additional hypervisors.
Provide currency for existing DLAs/Sensors and deliver DLAs for additional hypervisors (Citrix XenServer, Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop, KVM, Cisco UCS).
Enhance integration with OMNIbus with rules for root cause determination.
Extend IBM Director Base agent to support the latest IBM System Director and STG Platforms.
Enhance IBM Hardware Management Console agent to enable customers to monitor IBM Power servers overall capacity from a remote single agent.
For more details about the corresponding plan items for these themes, view the detailed release iteration plan.