IBM's X-Force research team has released the IBM X-Force 2013 Mid-Year Trend and Risk Report to summarize their latest IT security findings. Michael Hamelin is a security architect on the X-Force team, and in this interview he discusses some of the highlight trends in the report. He discusses the "what's old is new" trends, the new type of "reputation stealing" attacks, and the latest technology-based attacks on mobile platforms. In the first six months of 2013, the X-Force team researched 4100 new vulnerabilities, investigated 900 million web pages, created 27 million new entries in its web filter database, and managed 180 million malware signatures. You can download the IBM X-Force 2013 Mid-Year Trend and Risk Report for free and read all the details of their findings.
- Download and read the full IBM X-Force 2013 Mid-Year Trend and Risk Report to find out about all the latest trends and the evolving IT risk landscape.
- Follow the developerWorks security zone on Twitter.
- Follow developerWorks on Twitter.
- Visit the Security on developerWorks blog to find the latest how-to guides, videos, and technical articles on developerWorks.
- Get Security-related content on the Security site on developerWorks.