This white paper describes how to use IBM Security Directory Integrator to synchronize user registries between it and the SUN directory server. The solution described in this white paper uses a Directory Integrator assembly line and Java™ scripting to read and write attributes to and from the Directory Integrator assembly line.
The solution presented in this white paper does the following:
- Synchronizes users under the same suffix or root present on both LDAP servers
- Synchronizes users from one suffix to another suffix
- Synchronizes passwords
- Adds users to both directories
- Deletes users from both directories
- Modifies the relative distinguished name (RDN) for a user