IBM expert Ori Pomerantz has been securing computer networks (and showing others how to do it too) since 1995. Pomerantz joined IBM in 2003 and since then, he has written classes on several IBM security products, including IBM Security zSecure™. He is also a co-author of the IBM Press publication Mainframe Basics for Security Professionals: Getting Started with RACF, 2007. In this whitepaper, "IBM Tivoli Identitiy Manager 5.1: Writing Java Extensions and Application Code," Pomerantz helps you learn how to write Java modules that are called by IBM Tivoli Identity Manager.
See Download for the full white paper. The following sections outline what you will learn in the full paper.
The steps you'll learn
Pomerantz covers the following instructions in this paper:
- How to read Tivoli Identity Manager entities from your Java extensions. This includes using JavaDocs and how to search for entities.
- How to modify Tivoli Identity Manager entities. The API to modify these entities uses object classes called
<name of entity>MO(for example,
AccountMOto modify accounts).
- How to create new Tivoli Identity Manager entities; similar to the modification method.
Java source code is included in the whitepaper.
Explore the topics and technologies in this article:
- IBM products are integrated with Java technology; learn more about writing Java code for IBM products.
- IBM Tivoli Identity Manager helps organizations comply with regulations, manage risks and implement identity governance. It automates the creation, modification, recertification and termination of user privileges throughout the user lifecycle.
- Explore the IBM Security Framework for cutting-edge knowledge on IT security issues.
- Start your journey to implement IT security through pragmatic, intelligent, and risk-based practices at Security on developerWorks.
- Follow developerWorks on Twitter.
Get products and technologies
- Evaluate IBM products in the way that suits you best: Download a product trial, try a product online, or use a product in a cloud environment.
- Get involved in the developerWorks Community. Connect with other developerWorks users while exploring the developer-driven blogs, forums, groups, and wikis.
Dig deeper into Security on developerWorks
Get samples, articles, product docs, and community resources to help build, deploy, and manage your cloud apps.
Pragmatic, intelligent, risk-based IT Security practices.
Software development in the cloud. Register today to create a project.
Evaluate IBM software and solutions, and transform challenges into opportunities.