Visualize a method using a sequence diagram
Now that a UML class diagram has been created, you are going to utilize another visualization capability that Rational Application Developer offers: sequence diagrams. A sequence diagram shows the sequence (in time) of messages, which are exchanged among roles that implement the behavior of the system. This section of the tutorial guides you through the process of creating a sequence diagram using Rational Application Developer.
- From the Package Explorer view, expand the Zipcode class.
Figure 18. Expanded Zipcode class
- Right-click the isZipcode(String) method and select Visualize > Add to New Diagram File > Static Method Sequence Diagram.
Figure 19. Select sequence diagram
- The diagram is automatically created and opened (default name is sequencediagram.tpx).
- Explore the sequence diagram.
Figure 20. Sequence diagram
- For quick navigation around large diagrams, the Outline view allows you to quickly move the viewable area of the editor (this applies to all diagrams).
Figure 21. Diagram outline view