The scope of this integration guide is to enable IBM Rational Rhapsody users to set-up, configure and use the IBM Rational Rhapsody - IBM Rational ClearCase integration. It provides detailed information about the configuration properties inside Rhapsody including sample property files. This guide also describes the creation and usage of a new IBM Rational ClearCase element type together with its type manager. The two available integration modes are presented and a sample usage scenario is shown.
The reader should be familiar with IBM Rational Rhapsody and should have basic knowledge of IBM Rational ClearCase.
The IBM Rational Rhapsody solution is a model-driven development (MDD) environment for real-time or embedded systems engineering, software development and testing, based on UML and SysML. The Rational Rhapsody solution enables embedded systems engineers and software developers to improve productivity, quality and communication by
- abstracting complex designs graphically, by automating the software development process and assisting in finding defects early through continual testing — to aid in reducing costs.
- automating the software development process and assisting in finding defects early through continual testing — to aid in reducing costs.
- assisting in finding defects early through continual testing — to aid in reducing costs.
IBM Rational ClearCase offers complete software configuration management. An industry-leading solution that provides sophisticated version control, workspace management, parallel development support and build auditing to improve productivity.
- Light-weight feature-rich clients allow you to work locally or remotely
- Flexible out-of-the-box usage model based on proven best practices increases team productivity and efficiency
- Wide-range of supported environments and cross-platform support connects diverse teams
- Transparent real-time access to files and directories virtually anywhere in your organization
- Scales to any size team from small workgroups to distributed enterprise teams to support evolving organizational needs
- Integration with leading IDEs allows you to work in your preferred environment
- Sophisticated branching and graphical merge tools enable concurrent access to files and efficient use of time
The combination of IBM Rational Rhapsody and IBM Rational ClearCase offers a powerful solution of model driven development in a collaborative development environment. It enables collaborative editing and sharing of data (models) within or between teams from simple to complex environments, such as geographically distributed teams. The models are kept in a secure repository (VOB) which offers history, traceability, roll-back, metadata and many more advantages. For the end user the integration represents a minimal overhead since the functionality is provided directly in the Rhapsody user interface.