The IBM Rational® Developer for i is now incorporated into the IBM Rational® Developer for Power Systems Software – RPG and COBOL Development Tools for IBM i feature. The latest release of IBM Rational Developer for Power solution includes all of the capabilities of the Rational Developer for i tool, plus these new features: Screen Designer for visual design of DDS display files and Report Designer for visual design of DDS printer files.
- Add Web services to a HATS project in IBM Rational Developer for i
Learn how to use IBM Rational Host Access Transformation Services (HATS) tools to create a Web service that exposes logic contained in an IBM i 5250 application.
- Using IBM Constraint Patterns and Consistency Analysis: An Overview
This article discusses IBM Constraint Patterns and Consistency Analysis, an extension to IBM Rational Software Architect. This tool facilitates pattern-based, consistency-preserving refinement of UML class models.
- Consuming Web Services in a browser-based Web Application using Rational Developer for System i for SOA Construction
Learn how to create JSPs with Web services components, explore the Web service, and test the JSF application using the IBM WebSphere Application Server Test Environment extension.
- Rational Developer for i for SOA Construction: A comprehensive business scenario
This article describes a scenario where use of Rational Developer for i for SOA Construction can reduce time to market and reduce risk by leveraging existing RPG assets to transition to a services based approach for delivery of key business functions.
- Streamlining a distribution network with WebSphere Host Access Transformation Services
This tutorial explains how to use IBM WebSphere Host Access Transformation Services (HATS) to easily provide streamlined access to portions of a "green screen" application for new end-users, such as distributors, dealers, or Internet users.