IBM® Rational® Focal Point software provides market- and business-driven product and portfolio management to help executives and teams make the right decisions for business, customer, and market value. It provides a user interface (UI) that eliminates the need for programming to develop reports about a working portfolio.
A web service is a method of communication between two electronic devices over the web. The features provided by Rational Focal Point can be accessed through its web services, so you can customize it according to your need.
Provide this information in example.properties file, which is attached in the utility.
- WSDL location: Location of the web service
- User name: Rational Focal Point user name
- Password: Rational Focal Point user name password
- File path: The location for saving the files
To use this utility, you invoke a batch file that calls the point of execution of the utility. (See the Downloads section for the .zip file that includes the batch file.)
- Open the utility in Microsoft Windows Explorer, as shown in Figure 1, and click the FPWorkspaceMemberList.bat file.
Figure 1. Windows Explorer view of the utility location
After clicking the batch file, the utility will run and start displaying the list of available workspaces and modules and the elements of the required module (see Figure 2).
Figure 2. List of workspaces, modules, and module elements
After the process has finished, you can see the files that were created, as the screen in Figure 3 shows.
Figure 3. Files created
Each of the files created contains data, as shown in Figures 4 and 5.
Figure 4. Data in the files created
Figure 5. Data in files created
- For more about Focal Point:
- Browse the Rational Focal Point overview page, as well as the developerWorks page, where you’ll find data sheets, system requirements, specific benefits, and related articles and white papers.
- Watch these brief demos:
- Check the Rational Focal Point 6.5 Information Center for the user guide and links to other useful resources.
- Visit the Rational software area on developerWorks for technical resources and best practices for other Rational Software Delivery Platform products.
- Subscribe to the developerWorks weekly email newsletter, and choose the topics to follow.
- Stay current with developerWorks technical events and webcasts focused on a variety of IBM products and IT industry topics.
- Attend a free developerWorks Live! briefing to get up-to-speed quickly on IBM products and tools, as well as IT industry trends.
- Watch developerWorks on-demand demos, ranging from product installation and setup demos for beginners to advanced functionality for experienced developers.
- Improve your skills. Check the Rational training and certification catalog, which includes many types of courses on a wide range of topics. You can take some of them anywhere, any time, and many of the "Getting Started" ones are free.
Get products and technologies
- Download a free trial version of Rational software.
- Evaluate other IBM software in the way that suits you best: Download it for a trial, try it online, use it in a cloud environment, or spend a few hours in the SOA Sandbox learning how to implement service-oriented architecture efficiently.
- Join the Rational Focal Point forum to ask questions and participate in discussions.
- Rate and write a review of Rational Focal Point. It’s quick and easy.
- Share your knowledge and help others who use Rational software by writing a developerWorks article. Find out what makes a good developerWorks article and how to proceed.
- Follow Rational software on Facebook, Twitter (@ibmrational), and YouTube, and add your comments and requests.
- Ask and answer questions and increase your expertise when you get involved in the Rational forums, cafés, and wikis.
- Get connected. Join the Rational community to share your Rational software expertise and get connected with your peers.