This series is written by the IBM® Rational® Application Developer Portal Tools development team. It is a one-stop resource where you can master the new portal and portlet tools released in Rational Application Developer Version 8.5, for IBM® WebSphere® Portal Version 8.0. This is a tutorial approach, so it's easy to understand and includes sample code and snippets. You will learn through using all of these approaches:
- Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) technologies, such as JavaServer Faces ( JSF) 2.0 and Java Persistence API (JPA) 2.0, to develop portlet applications
- Web 2.0 technologies such as the Dojo toolkit to develop multichannel web applications
- Java API for XML Web Services (JAX-WS) to create business process portlets
- Combining the power of JSF 2.0 and JSR 286 (Portlet 2 specifications) for developing portlet applications
Download the articles and their related files
- Consuming JPA 2.0 in a JSF 2.0 portlet application
1 MB compressed file
- Consumption of JSF 2.0 in a JSR 286 portlet application using Rational Application Developer 8.5 Portal Toolkit
2.2 MB compressed file
- Creation of business process portlets with JAX-WS using Rational Application Developer Portal Toolkit 8.5.1
1.2 MB compressed file
- Utilizing the power of JSF2.0 and JSR 286 technology on WebSphere Portal using Rational Application Developer v8.5 portal tools
4.6 MB compressed file
- Creating a multi-channel Stocks Portlet application using Dojo tooling in IBM Rational Application Developer
938 KB compressed file
- Get more information about IBM Rational Application Developer and how to use it:
- What's new in IBM Rational Application Developer 8.5 portal tools by Jaspreet Single and Mansi Gaba (IBM developerWorks, Nov 2012)
- What's new in IBM Rational Application Developer V8.5
- IBM Rational Application Developer Version 8.5 Information Center
- Rational Application Developer page on IBM® developerWorks®
- Get product documentation for WebSphere Portal in the IBM WebSphere Portal Version 8.0 Product Documentation
Get products and technologies
- Download a free trial version of Rational Application Developer.
- Download IBM product evaluation versions and get your hands on application development tools and middleware products from DB2®, Lotus®, Rational®, Tivoli®, and WebSphere®.
- Participate in the Rational Software Architect, Data Architect, Software Modeler, Systems Developer, Application Developer and Web Developer forums and the WebSphere Portal forum, where you can ask questions, share your experiences, and discuss problems and solutions.
Dig deeper into Rational software on developerWorks
Get samples, articles, product docs, and community resources to help build, deploy, and manage your cloud apps.
Experiment with new directions in software development.
Software development in the cloud. Register today to create a project.
Evaluate IBM software and solutions, and transform challenges into opportunities.