Before you start
Learn how you can use the IBM® Rational® DOORS® Change Management integration feature in Basic mode to communicate with Rational Change collaborative change management software. This article covers the entire process, from configuration, through features for gathering requirements, to the implementation phase of the requirements. It is intended for readers who have an intermediate level knowledge of Rational DOORS and Rational Change software.
To show you how to achieve complete traceability of requirements
You will gain the most from this tutorial if you have intermediate-level knowledge of IBM® Rational® Change, IBM® Rational® DOORS®, and the DOORS change management integration.
- Rational Change is an integrated Web-based, change management solution that can help increase quality, improve accountability, and provide consistent change management for software delivery.
- Rational DOORS is a requirements management tool for systems and advanced IT applications. You can use it to gather, track, and manage requirements. It supports OSLC (Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration) specifications for requirements management, change management, and quality management, thereby providing a generic approach to integrate systems and software lifecycle tools. It also supports OAuth, which is an open protocol that enables users to share their protected resources among different web sites without risking exposure.
- The Rational DOORS Change Management integration is implemented using OSLC, which works with IBM® Rational Change, IBM® Rational® ClearQuest®, and IBM® Rational® Team Concert software.
- Rational DOORS Web Access enables users to use a web browser to create, review, edit, and discuss requirements held in a DOORS database.
Make sure that the following applications are installed and the respective services are running:
- Rational DOORS server and client
- Rational DOORS Web Access and configured with the DOORS server
- Rational Directory Administrator and Rational Directory Server
- Rational Change.