Creating a topology
- Start Rational Software Architect.
- Create a new project by selecting File > New > Project.
- From the General category, select Project and then click Next.
- In the Project Name text field, enter
- Click Finish to create the new project.
Figure 1. Creating a project
Now that you have created the project, you will add a topology to it.
- Right-click on the project name in the Project Explorer and select New>Topology.
Figure 2. Adding a new topology to the project
- When the topology creation window opens (see Figure 3), select the Blank Topology in the Basic Topologies category.
- Name it
test_topology, and click Finish
Figure 3. The New Topology wizard
Rational Software Architect has different perspectives, and each one changes the way that information and tools are presented in order to make the working environment more aligned with the goal of the model being worked on.
- After creating a new topology, you will be given the choice to change to the Deployment perspective. Accept the offer by clicking OK.
You have now created a new topology (see Figure 4). You will see a Welcome note. It is a good idea to explore the topics suggested. For the purposes of this tutorial, though, close the Welcome note.
Figure 4. A blank topology
You are now ready to explore the topology editor.