- Read these related articles:
- Modeling virtual systems with the IBM Rational Software Architect deployment architecture tools (developerWorks, June 2010), which discusses the use of the deployment architecture tools in IBM Rational Software Architect 7.5 in modeling virtual systems.
- Extending the topology editor with custom technology domains developerWorks, July 2010), which demonstrates how to create custom units and capabilities that you can use to model the components of any area of information technology by using the Topology Domain Generation Toolkit.
- Check the Rational Software Architect Standard Edition overview, Information Center, and developerWorks page to explore the full range of capabilities.
- Get more details about IBM PowerVM, the virtualization platform for UNIX, Linux, and IBM® i clients
- Visit the Rational software area on developerWorks for technical resources and best practices for Rational Software Delivery Platform products.
- Stay current with developerWorks technical events and webcasts focused on a variety of IBM products and IT industry topics.
- Attend a free developerWorks Live! briefing to get up-to-speed quickly on IBM products and tools, as well as IT industry trends.
- Watch developerWorks on-demand demos, ranging from product installation and setup demos for beginners to advanced functionality for experienced developers.
- Improve your skills. Check the Rational training and certification catalog, which includes many types of courses on a wide range of topics. You can take some of them anywhere, any time, and many of the "Getting Started" ones are free.
Get products and technologies
- Evaluate Rational Software Architect by downloading a fully functional trial with an evaluation period of 30 days.
- Evaluate IBM software in the way that suits you best: Download it for a trial, try it online, use it in a cloud environment, or spend a few hours in the SOA Sandbox learning how to implement service-oriented architecture efficiently.
- Join the discussion in the Rational Development Tools forum.
- Share your knowledge and help others who use Rational software by writing a developerWorks article. You'll get worldwide exposure, RSS syndication, a byline and a bio, and the benefit of professional editing and production on the developerWorks Rational website.
- Follow Rational software on Facebook and Twitter (@ibmrational), and add your comments and requests.
- Ask and answer questions and
increase your expertise when you get involved in the Rational forums, cafés, and wikis.
- Connect with others who share your interests by joining the developerWorks community and responding to the developer-driven blogs.