Birthdays are traditionally celebrated by giving gifts. Usually, the person having the birthday is the recipient of the gift. But, that just wouldn't be fair to you. First, you probably didn't even know that developerWorks is turning 12. And even if you do, how would you know where to send the gift? The developerWorks Rational staff members who work together to give you several new articles each week are in the UK, India, and coast-to-coast across the US. That creates a single-source address problem.
So this year, to celebrate developerWorks' 12th birthday, we'll give the gifts, instead. Granted, these gifts are items available on developerWorks every day. But in honor of our birthday, we put these 12 gifts into one page -- just for you. Imagine a really big box with a really big bow.
- Take advantage of the collective knowledge of Rational developers and users
gathered into one community. You'll find online discussions, technical
libraries, user groups, and many more resources all developed by fellow Rational
stakeholders to share with you. And it's free. Join the IBM Rational community
- Follow this gateway to trial
software, emerging technologies, and support
- Online trials
- The online trial experience allows you to try software products without
having to install them on your own system. This is product-level code, with all
features and options enabled. Sandboxes are here too!
- Systems Engineering for Dummies ebook
- This IBM free ebook explains what systems engineering is and how it can help you
simplify the development of smart, connected products. If you're looking for
ways to expedite time-to-market, ensure business agility, and deliver
high-quality smart products while cutting costs, this ebook is for
- Have a question? Want to share your success or frustration with a technical
problem? Check out our forums.
Many of our products, related tools, and methodologies have forums. All are
facilitated by customers or IBM subject-matter experts.
- We publish 144 articles a year just about Rational software. That's a lot of
information to help you do your job better. Our technical library
has a pretty powerful search engine, too. Give it a try to see if you find
the information you're looking for.
- IBM Rational software talks to you
- Join the best minds in the IBM Rational realm as product experts and market
thought leaders provide insights into the latest trends and products through
events (webcasts, podcasts, videos, and special
- Training and certification
- Need to increase your knowledge? IBM Rational
Eduction offers a range of courses to suit your application, role,
timeline, and preferred learning format. Offerings include public or onsite
classroom training, web-based training, or instructor-led online courses. Many
"Getting started" courses are free.
- Choose from 128 demonstrations on various Rational products and
- "The Invisible Thread" blog
- Are you an engineer? A systems designer? A portfolio planner, or a software
architect? If so, this blog is for you.
- Ratings and reviews
- We need your insight and feedback. Please rate Rational software to help us make future services and products
better. Or, if you want to know what others think about our products, read the unedited reviews.
- Gift registry
- ... Well, of sorts. What do you want to know more about? Is there a certain
topic or product that you can't find information about on the developerWorks
Rational site? Tell me about
any software development topics that you'd like to read about on developerWorks
Rational, and I'll work to find the right angle and the right author and then
publish an article -- just for you.
Dig deeper into Rational software on developerWorks
Get samples, articles, product docs, and community resources to help build, deploy, and manage your cloud apps.
Experiment with new directions in software development.
Software development in the cloud. Register today to create a project.
Evaluate IBM software and solutions, and transform challenges into opportunities.