Before you start
Important Note: Walk through this scenario and others online as part of the Enterprise Modernization Sandbox for IBM i
This tutorial shows you how to do the following:
- Create EGL application that calls IBM i programs (RPG, COBOL, CL and CL Commands).
- Learn to use IBM® Rational® Business Developer to build and test EGL application.
This tutorial will guide you through the following steps:
- EGL and the IBM i runtime environment.
- Configuring your EGL Web Project to access the IBM® System i5™ server and call a program
- The actual code to call an IBM i program
- Debugging both RPG and EGL code
You should be familiar with one of the IBM® Rational® Software Delivery Platform products that Rational Business Developer supports, and have knowledge of IBM® System i™ applications.
Microsoft® Windows® 2000 SP4, Windows 2003 Enterprise SP1, Windows 2003 Standard SP1, Windows XP Professional SP2, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Ultimate
Intel® Pentium® III 800 MHz processor minimum (higher is recommended) 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB RAM recommended)
Minimum: 800 MB of disk space is required for product package installation. Additional disk space is required for the resources that you develop.