Spellchecker script overview
The script will spell-check a model or model elements for you and add any spelling errors as problems in the Problems view. You can configure It to use any of the supplied dictionaries, or you can extend it by adding new dictionaries. When checking spelling, the spell-checker uses the words in the dictionary file and all classifiers in the model.
Spellchecker script use
This option is also available from the IBM Addins menu.
To spell-check a model or part of a model:
- From the Project Explorer, select the root element that you want to check.
- Right click, and choose Spellcheck.
The script will spell-check all of the documentation fields in the selected elements and subelements. You will then see a summary of the number of spelling errors (Figure 1).
Figure 1. Spell Check summary view
All spelling errors are then shown under the Problems tab (Figure 2), where you can double-click or right-click and choose Go To to navigate in the Project Explorer to the element that owns the documentation.
Figure 2. Problems view
You can configure the dictionary to use by selecting Window > Preferences > Modeling > Spellchecker and choosing the language that you prefer according to their Internet country codes (see Figure 3):
- UK: U.K. English
- US: U.S. English
- FR: French
- DE: German
- ES: Spanish
- NL: Dutch
- SE: Swedish
Figure 3. Preferences view
You can add new dictionaries to the Dictionaries folder in the Plug-ins directory, and you can add words to the dictionary file. In both cases, you must restart the shell for the changes to take effect.
Spellchecker script installation
The installation of the Spellchecker plug-in is straight-forward.
- Download the RAS file included with this article (see Downloads) to a location on your hard drive.
- Start IBM® Rational® Software Modeler (or IBM® Rational®Software Architect or IBM® Rational® Systems Developer), and select File > Import.
- Select RAS > RAS Asset and then click Next.
- Browse to the downloaded RAS file, accept the warning about deployable plug-ins, and click Next.
- Select the feature, accept the license agreement, and then click Finish.
- When prompted, restart to enable the plug-in.
- Now switch to the Modeling perspective, select either the model or a model element, right-click, and you should see the option to run Spellcheck.
|Deployable RAS file||spellchecker_rasv2.0.0.zip||4098KB|
|Source code as an archived Eclipse project||spellchecker_src_v2.0.0.zip||4044KB|
- Visit the Rational software area on developerWorks for technical resources and best practices for Rational Software Delivery Platform products.
- Explore Rational computer-based, Web-based, and instructor-led online courses. Hone your skills and learn more about Rational tools with these courses, which range from introductory to advanced. The courses on this catalog are available for purchase through computer-based training or Web-based training. Additionally, some "Getting Started" courses are available free of charge.
- Subscribe to the Rational Edge newsletter for articles on the concepts behind effective software development.
- Subscribe to the IBM developerWorks newsletter, a weekly update on the best of developerWorks tutorials, articles, downloads, community activities, webcasts and events.
- Browse the technology bookstore for books on these and other technical topics.
Get products and technologies
- Download trial versions of IBM Rational software.
- Download these IBM product evaluation versions and get your hands on application development tools and middleware products from DB2®, Lotus®, Tivoli®, and WebSphere®.
- Check out developerWorks blogs and get involved in the developerWorks community.
- Rational Software Architect, Data Architect, Software Modeler, Application Developer and Web Developer forum: Ask questions about Rational Software Architect.