- For an excellent primer on objects in PHP, read Using PHP Objects.
- Read Part 1 of this series: "Learning PHP, Part 1" and learn to register for an account, upload files for approval, and view and download approved files.
- Read Part 3 of this series: "Learning PHP, Part 3" to explore authentication, objects, exceptions, and streaming.
- Read through the official PHP Manual.
- Check out PHP Manual: Session Handling Functions.
- Read PHP Manual: DOM Functions.
- Don't miss PHP Manual: XML Parser Functions.
- And see PHP Manual: php.ini directives.
- Visit IBM developerWorks' PHP project resources to learn more about PHP.
- Stay current with developerWorks technical events and webcasts.
- Check out upcoming conferences, trade shows, webcasts, and other Events around the world that are of interest to IBM open source developers.
- Visit the developerWorks Open source zone for extensive how-to information, tools, and project updates to help you develop with open source technologies and use them with IBM's products.
- Listen to developerWorks podcasts for interesting interviews and discussions for software developers.
- Follow developerWorks on Twitter.
Get products and technologies
- Download XAMPP.
- Download PHP 5.x.
- Download Apache Web server, version 2.x.
- Download MySQL.
Access IBM trial software (available for download or on DVD) and innovate in your next open source development project using software especially for developers.
Connect with other developerWorks users while exploring the developer-driven blogs, forums, groups, and wikis. Help build the Real world open source group in the developerWorks community.