Learn about Apache Giraph, GraphLab, and other open source systems for processing graph-structured big data. More >
Tabs showing featured content and columns for developerWorks Open source zone.
- Java.next: Extension without inheritance
See how Groovy, Scala, and Clojure bolt behavior onto classes. Explore category classes, the ExpandoMetaClass, implicit casts, and protocols.
- Automate and manage systems installation with Cobbler
Simplify how you set up and administer a network installation environment with Cobbler.
- Simplify data access and manipulation with Doctrine 2.3, PHP, and Zend Framework
Integrate the Doctrine ORM tool with a Zend Framework application to simplify data access and manipulation.
- Navigate in style with activities and icons in your Android mobile apps
Find out why the Activity class is the workhorse of your Android mobile app, then pretty-up your app's functionality by using action icons rather than word buttons for navigation.
- Improve CSS development with Sass
Incorporate programming flexibility and features with Sass, a simple, elegant, and robust syntax for CSS for building manageable stylesheets.
- Get started with GeoServer and its REST API
Integrate GeoServer, an open source data-management system with a full API, into your web app. Reduce your need for mundane data management code and gain a comprehensive WMS and WFS-T server at the same time.
Looking for global entrepreneurs who want to build a smarter planet.