Tabs showing featured content and columns for developerWorks Open source zone.
- Rethink exceptions, expressions, and emptiness with Java.next languages
Investigate how the Groovy, Scala, and Clojure languages handle exceptions, expressions, and null in the last of three installments about commonalities among these Java.next languages.
- Explore the basic principles of MicroXML
Learn about MicroXML, the possible future of XML. MicroXML is a simplification of XML that is compatible with earlier versions. Part 1 of this updated, two-article series covers the basic principles of MicroXML.
- Process MicroXML with microxml-js
- Weaving data visualizations with the Weave platform
Get acquainted with open data and Weave, a platform that allows you to visualize trends and geographical data.
- Mobile for the masses: Take a swipe at programming gestures in Android
You've been known to swipe at your mobile device, but do you know how to code swipe gestures into your own mobile apps? Get started today!
- Open source desktop publishing with Scribus
This sophisticated DTP tool will wow you with its capabilities and price point.
Looking for global entrepreneurs who want to build a smarter planet.