Explore Thrift basics and capabilities in a multilanguage client and server application demonstration. More >
Tabs showing featured content and columns for developerWorks Open source zone.
- Develop Spring Redis apps
Build Spring-based applications with Redis as the datastore.
- Create LaTeX documents graphically with LyX
Take the pain out of LaTeX formatting. Preview as you write, on your platform of choice with LyX.
- Explore data science and open source tools
Data science combines mathematics and computer science to extract value from data. In this introduction, survey prominent open source tools for this rapidly growing field.
- Java.next: Extension without inheritance with Clojure
Explore Clojure's protocols. Extend Java extension capabilities in novel ways and find elegant solutions to the Expression Problem.
- Data visualization: Visualize browsing metrics with SVG
- Do more in CSS with LESS
Simplify the writing and maintenance of responsive design styles for modern web pages.
- Data visualization, Part 2: Use D3 component layouts for
Arrange graphical components to represent your data on a canvas, using both D3's and your own calculations in Part 2 of this two-part article.
- Process large-scale graph data with Apache Giraph,
GraphLab, and other open source technology
Learn about Apache Giraph, GraphLab, and other open source systems for processing graph-structured big data.
Looking for global entrepreneurs who want to build a smarter planet.