Explore a new way to construct Linux and Windows images for private clouds built with the OpenStack cloud operating system. More >
Tabs showing featured content and columns for developerWorks Open source zone.
- Hadoop data security and Sentry
Find out how to use Sentry, an open source authorization framework, to provide controls for big data applications in regulated industries.
- Java.next: Functional coding styles
Learn how common functional programming constructs manifest in the Java.next languages, pointing out some subtle differences in the implementation details of those features.
- Create a mobile-friendly to-do list app
Get hands-on crash course in integrating data from the Google Tasks API with a PHP application using a combination of jQuery Mobile, the Google PHP OAuth library, and the Slim PHP micro-framework.
- 3D development with WebGL, Part 1: Introducing WebGL
This three-part article series begins with a simple example that demonstrates WebGL fundamentals and related 3D graphics concepts.
- Simplify scalable cloud software development with Apache Thrift
Explore Thrift basics and capabilities in a multilanguage client and server application demonstration.
- Next-generation search and analytics with Apache Lucene and Solr 4
Walk through the latest Lucene and Solr features that relate to relevance, distributed search, and faceting. Learn how to leverage these capabilities to build fast, efficient, and scalable next-generation data-driven applications.