This demo explores how organizations can apply a mediation proxy pattern to mediate between SaaS consumers in different departments within the organization and multiple third party or internal service providers. A scenario is shown where the central IT department of an organization allows departments to search for third party services using a customized WebSphere® services registry and repository. A mediation engine built using WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance is used to mediate between departmental applications and third party services. This scenario further explores how the central IT department can enforce regulatory compliance for outgoing services traffic and meter service usage by each department for charge back using Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager.
Sample implementation artifacts for metering and billing multi-tenant web service resources
Download the scenario setup instruction document and the development and deployment artifacts.
Less than 10 minutes.
|Scenario setup document||Mediation_between_departmental_SaaS_cosumers_and_3rd_party.pdf||419KB|
|Development and deployment artifacts||SampleCodeAndConfig.zip||KB|
- Find product announcements, case studies, white papers, and more in the Websphere DataPower SOA Appliances product library.
- Get started with IBM Software as a Service programs for business partners.
- Watch a demo on Usage based metering and billing for multi-tenant Web service resources using IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager.
- Explore Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager product offerings.
- Learn how to customize WebSphere Services Registry and Repository user interface in this series on developerWorks.
- Browse the technology bookstore for books on these and other technical topics.
Get products and technologies
- Download IBM product evaluation versions and get your hands on application development tools and middleware products from DB2®, Lotus®, Rational®, Tivoli®, and WebSphere®.