Explore how SaaS service providers can improve application scalability by partitioning tenant specific HTTP requests and datasources in a multi-tenant application. This technique also referred as "Sharding" is shown using an example in IBM® WebSphere® eXtreme Scale. Using a fictitious mult-tenant application called Jivaro, this demo explores how to integrate WebSphere Application Server Community Edition applications with WebSphere eXtreme Scale.
Download the scenario setup instruction document and the development and deployment artifacts.
|Scenario setup instruction document||Setup_and_Instructions_Scenario3.pdf||321KB||HTTP|
|Development and deployment artifacts||Scenario3.5_Downloads.zip||512KB||HTTP|
- Get started with IBM Software as a Service programs for business partners. Link to case studies, research documents, and current events. Learn about the many benefits of joining the IBM SaaS community, including a no-charge 90 minute consultation on your SaaS development project.
- Learn about WebSphere eXtreme Scale capabilities.
- The Redbook, A User's Guide to WebSphere eXtreme Scale introduces WebSphere eXtreme Scale V6.1 and shows how to set up and use an eXtreme Scale environment.
- Visit the developerWorks WebSphere Virtual Enterprise Wiki.
- Get started with implementation with information in the
developerWorks Wiki for WebSphere eXtreme Scale.
- View a presentation on the overview of WebSphere Partitioning Facility.
Get products and technologies
Download IBM product evaluation versions and get your hands on application development tools and middleware products from DB2®, Lotus®, Rational®, Tivoli®, and WebSphere®.
This team, in partnership with IBM's ISV and Developer Relations team, is responsible for assisting partners by demonstrating the applicability of IBM enterprise level middleware for deploying Software as a Service applications. Included in this team are: Mary Taylor, Devaprasad Nadgir, Jatinder Malik, Sobha Warrier, Sowmya Grama, David Carew, and Indrajit Poddar.