Explore how SaaS service providers can improve application scalability by partitioning tenant specific HTTP requests and datasources in a multi-tenant application. This technique also referred as "Sharding" is shown using an example in IBM® WebSphere® eXtreme Scale. Using a fictitious mult-tenant application called Jivaro, this demo explores how to integrate WebSphere Application Server Community Edition applications with WebSphere eXtreme Scale.
Sample implementation artifacts for metering and billing multi-tenant Web service resources
Download the scenario setup instruction document and the development and deployment artifacts.
|Scenario setup instruction document||Setup_and_Instructions_Scenario3.pdf||321KB|
|Development and deployment artifacts||Scenario3.5_Downloads.zip||512KB|
- Get started with IBM Software as a Service programs for business partners. Link to case studies, research documents, and current events. Learn about the many benefits of joining the IBM SaaS community, including a no-charge 90 minute consultation on your SaaS development project.
- Learn about WebSphere eXtreme Scale capabilities.
- The Redbook, A User's Guide to WebSphere eXtreme Scale introduces WebSphere eXtreme Scale V6.1 and shows how to set up and use an eXtreme Scale environment.
- Visit the developerWorks WebSphere Virtual Enterprise Wiki.
- Get started with implementation with information in the developerWorks Wiki for WebSphere eXtreme Scale.
- View a presentation on the overview of WebSphere Partitioning Facility.
Get products and technologies
- Download IBM product evaluation versions and get your hands on application development tools and middleware products from DB2®, Lotus®, Rational®, Tivoli®, and WebSphere®.