This demo focuses on the ease of provisioning new tenant banks in a sample banking application through the use of Apache ANT scripts and a few portlets for the administrator roles. A new WebSphere®Application Server Community Edition virtual host and security realm are provisioned through ANT scripts invoked from a new service provider administrator portlet. A new openLDAP user database is created and new LDAP Data Interchange Format (LDIF) files imported through another ANT script. The portal for the new tenant bank is customized through a tenant administrator portlet by modifying style sheets, providing tenant specific images and uploading and deploying these to the running application. Custom fields are added to other portlets which use XML columns defined in DB2® Express-C V9 through simple configuration steps in a tenant administrator portlet.
Sample implementation artifacts for building SaaS solutions on IBM middleware
Download the zip files (deployable artifacts and source code) for a J2EE and Web services standard-based sample multi-tenant SaaS banking application. Included in the zip files is the source code and configuration files along with the installation instructions, which are specific to a Linux® Operating System (Windows is currently not supported). This sample multi-tenant SaaS banking application will run on a single instance of WebSphere Application Server Community Edition, DB2 Express-C, and openLDAP.
Less than 10 minutes.
- DB2 Express-C: The Developer Handbook for XML, PHP, C/C++, Java, and .NET
- DB2 zone on developerWorks
- DB2 Express-C Info, forum, download, support
- DB2 pureXML Info, papers, free books
- WebSphere Application Server Community Edition resource landing page with links to downloads, support, technical articles and more
- WebSphere Application Server Community Edition zone
- WebSphere Application Server Community Edition documentation
- WebSphere Portal zone
- Get started with IBM Software as a Service programs for business partners
Get products and technologies
- Download IBM product evaluation versions and get your hands on application development tools and middleware products from DB2®, Lotus®, Rational®, Tivoli®, and WebSphere®.