The input capture process is at the heart of the dialog between the site and the visitor. However the whole entity we call the semantic web is necessary for the realization of its full value. Use of form elements, attributes and input types, combined with the enhanced design of the semantic web, manages the flow of information between the website and its visitors. Factors such as fieldsets, labels, chose of input means are all essential to the use of the form facility.
Forms facilitate interactivity. They are the central factor that energizes the interaction between website owners and website users. Forms are of extreme importance to the design and development of a site. HTML5 is an exceptionally vigorous tool for the design and development of websites intended to solicit customers.
The proper development of forms in HTML5 is essential to maintaining a healthy rate of conversion. To facilitate the conversion process all aspects of the interaction between the site visitor and the system in place must be carefully considered.
- HTML5 forms, Part 2: Organizing inputs (developerWorks, May 2011) is the second in a four part series about HTML5.
- Read the blog entry HTML5, Example Form validation and styling Form elements for a better understanding of forms.
- Create modern websites using HTML5 and CSS3 (developerWorks, March 2010) is a multicomponent HTML5 and CSS3 article.
- In New elements in HTML 5 (developerWorks, August 2007), you will find information for several of the new elements in HTML5.
- The html5 Doctor website provides an excellent view of the current trends in HTML5 today.
- The W3Schools.com HTML5 Tag Reference provides an extensive list of the HTML5 tags, definitions, and examples.
- The WHATWG website provides detailed information for the HTML5 specification.
- The W3Schools.com CSS3 Reference provides extensive information on CSS version 3.
- The Web development zone specializes in articles covering various Web-based solutions.
- Stay current with developerWorks technical events and webcasts.
- developerWorks on-demand demos: Watch demos ranging from product installation and setup for beginners to advanced functionality for experienced developers.
- Follow developerWorks on Twitter.
- Create your developerWorks profile today and set up a watchlist on HTML. Get connected and stay connected with developerWorks community.
- Find other developerWorks members interested in web development.
- Share what you know: Join one of our developerWorks groups focused on web topics.