This demo explores how a SaaS service provider can meter and bill usage of multi-tenant Web services and related resources like databases, portals and LDAP directory server, by users belonging to multiple tenants. A scenario is shown where IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager (ITUAM) and a Java Management eXtension (JMX) based usage logging component is used to meter the usage of Web services and its resources. IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager job files and report server is used to generate billing invoices, usage metrics, and graphs for tenants.
Download the development and deployment artifacts for WebSphere Application Server and WebSphere Application Server Community Edition, and the Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager scenario Implementation and setup document.
Less than 10 minutes.
|ITUAM instruction document||MeteringScenario_Deployment_and_Setup_Instructions_v11.pdf||2.5MB||HTTP|
|WebSphere Application Server artifacts||ws_usg_metering_was.zip||9.7MB||HTTP|
|WebSphere Application Server CE artifacts||ws_usg_metering_was_ce.zip||26.3MB||HTTP|
- Get started with IBM Software as a Service programs for business partners. Link to case studies, research documents, and current events. Learn about the many benefits of joining the IBM SaaS community, including a no-charge 90 minute consultation on your SaaS development project.
- Explore IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager product offerings.
- The Redbook, IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager V7.1 Handbook, guides you through the capabilities of IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager V7.1.
Application Server resources on developerWorks.
- WebSphere Application Server Community Edition resources on developerWorks.
- Learn about Java Management eXtension.
- Attend a free developerWorks briefing.
Browse the technology bookstore for books on these and other technical topics.
Get products and technologies
Download IBM product evaluation versions and get your hands on application development tools and middleware products from DB2®, Lotus®, Rational®, Tivoli®, and WebSphere®.
This team, in partnership with IBM's ISV and Developer Relations team, is responsible for assisting partners by demonstrating the applicability of IBM enterprise level middleware for deploying Software as a Service applications. Included in this team are: Mary Taylor, Devaprasad Nadgir, Jatinder Malik, Sobha Warrier, Sowmya Grama, David Carew, and Indrajit Poddar.