Designing a multi-tenant data architecture requires a decision on the degree of database and schema sharing. This demo focuses on a shared schema architecture and will show how the XML capabilities of DB2® V9 simplify tenant data configuration.
Get the demo transcript (2MB).
Sample implementation artifact for building SaaS solutions on IBM middleware
Download this XSD file containing the DB2 V9 XML column schema for the CustomerProfile column used in the CustomerProfile table in the sample banking application : CustomerProfile.xsd (3KB).
Less than 10 minutes.
- Read about DB2 V9's XML capabilities in this developerWorks article, "What's new in DB2 Viper, XML to the core".
- Discover DB2 family of products .
- Get started with IBM Software as a Service programs for business partners. Link to case studies, research documents, and current events.
- Explore how the capabilities of IBM DB2 address the issues of data architecture and data security in this developerWorks article, "Build a multi-tenant data tier with access control and security".
- Browse the technology bookstore for books on these and other technical topics.
Get products and technologies
- Download IBM product evaluation versions and get your hands on application development tools and middleware products from DB2®, Lotus®, Rational®, Tivoli®, and WebSphere®.