Hosting multiple tenants from a shared environment requires a high degree of configurability in order to provide each tenant with the branding and customization that they require. In this demo, you'll see the dynamic profiling capability of WebSphere® Portlet Factory and how it is used in conjunction with virtual portals to provide tenant customization through configuration rather than custom coding.
Get the demo transcript (2MB).
Sample implementation artifact for building SaaS solutions on IBM middleware
Import the following WPF archive file into a new WPF project in WebSphere Portlet Factory Version 6.0. This WPF profile set (J2BWPFportletaConfigPS.pset) includes dynamic profiles for bank1 and bank2 in the sample banking application.
- wpfportlets.zip (15KB)
Less than 10 minutes.
- Read the developerWorks article, "Building SOA composite business services, Part 8: Building multi-tenant portlets using WebSphere Portlet Factory dynamic profiles".
- Find resources on the WebSphere Portal zone.
- Get started with IBM Software as a Service programs for business partners. Link to case studies, research documents, and current events.
- Browse the technology bookstore for books on these and other technical topics.
Get products and technologies
- Download IBM product evaluation versions and get your hands on application development tools and middleware products from DB2®, Lotus®, Rational®, Tivoli®, and WebSphere®.