The primary issue faced by customers who want to implement a Software as a Service solution is how to construct their multi-tenant environment. This demo shows how multi-tenancy can be implemented using the Virtual Portal feature of WebSphere® Portal Server.
Get the demo transcript (3MB).
Sample implementation artifact for building SaaS solutions on IBM middleware
- A sample Apache ANT build script for creating virtual portals in WebSphere Portal Server for multiple tenant banks (shown in the sample banking application): build.xml (5KB)
- A sample WebSphere Portal XMLAccess script for configuring portlets in the virtual portal in WebSphere Portal Server (for a bank in the sample banking application): sasbase_portal.xml (112KB)
Less than 10 minutes.
- Read the developerWorks article, "Building SOA composite business services, Part 7: Supporting multi-tenancy for composite business services"
- Find resources on the WebSphere Portal zone.
- Technical resources for Tivoli software and security products.
- Get started with IBM Software as a Service programs for business partners. Link to case studies, research documents, and current events.
- Browse the technology bookstore for books on these and other technical topics.
Get products and technologies
- Download IBM product evaluation versions and get your hands on application development tools and middleware products from DB2®, Lotus®, Rational®, Tivoli®, and WebSphere®.