The primary issue faced by customers who want to implement a Software as a Service solution is how to construct their multi-tenant environment. This demo shows how multi-tenancy can be implemented using the Virtual Portal feature of WebSphere® Portal Server.
Get the demo transcript (3MB).
- A sample Apache ANT build script for creating virtual portals in WebSphere Portal Server for multiple tenant banks (shown in the sample banking application): build.xml (5KB)
- A sample WebSphere Portal XMLAccess script for configuring portlets in the virtual portal in WebSphere Portal Server (for a bank in the sample banking application): sasbase_portal.xml (112KB)
Less than 10 minutes.
- Read the developerWorks article, "Building SOA composite business services, Part 7: Supporting multi-tenancy for composite business services"
- Find resources on the WebSphere Portal zone.
- Technical resources for Tivoli software and security products.
- Get started with IBM Software as a Service programs for business partners. Link to case studies, research documents, and current events.
Browse the technology bookstore for books on these and other technical topics.
Get products and technologies
Download IBM product evaluation versions and get your hands on application development tools and middleware products from DB2®, Lotus®, Rational®, Tivoli®, and WebSphere®.