See how WebSphere® Portal access control features can be exploited for enforcing security in a SaaS application by restricting the set of portal pages and portlets that a particular user can access, based on the role of the user.
Get the demo transcript (16KB).
Sample implementation artifact for building SaaS solutions on IBM middleware
A code snippet from a WebSphere Portal Server XML access script. This code sample
shows a mapping
of the editor role for the SaasBankInterestRatesCustomerPortlet to the LDAP group in the sample banking application:
- PortalXML.doc (24KB)
Less than 10 minutes.
- Read about Portal Access Control in the developerWorks WebSphere Portal Security zone.
- developerWorks article: Securing a Composite Business Service delivered as a Software as a Service: Part 1, Secure multi-tenancy with WebSphere Portal Server
- Find resources on the WebSphere Portal zone.
- Technical resources for Tivoli software and security products.
- Get started with IBM Software as a Service programs for business partners. Link to case studies, research documents, and current events.
- Browse the technology bookstore for books on these and other technical topics.
Get products and technologies
- Download IBM product evaluation versions and get your hands on application development tools and middleware products from DB2®, Lotus®, Rational®, Tivoli®, and WebSphere®.