Ada is a rich high-level language designed for embedded real-time, high integrity and large scale systems development. GNAT Pro is a robust and flexible Ada development environment. It includes professional grade tools, unmatched product support and expert Ada advice designed to allow development teams to take full advantage of the benefits Ada offers, and ensure a smooth, cost-effective development process.
IBM® Rational® Rhapsody® family provides multiple editions to help systems engineers and embedded software developers analyze, design, develop, test, and deliver embedded, real-time systems and software.
Ada is a rich high-level language designed for embedded real-time, high integrity and large scale systems development. Progressively, in the Ada 95 and Ada 2005 revisions, it has incorporated more and more Object Oriented (OO) features further increasing its power and richness. During a similar timeframe there has been continued expansion in the use of the industry-standard Object Management Group (OMG) Unified Modeling Language (UML) for documenting OO designs in C++ and Java. There is arguably no better time for combining the two to help resolve longetivity challenges associated with maintaining Ada software designs.
- 14 minutes, 38 seconds
Products or technologies covered:
- IBM Rational Rhapsody
- The Ada programming language
- IBM Rational Rhapsody: Technical developer content and resources related to IBM Rational Rhapsody.
- View the full IBM Rational Rhapsody product line
- IBM Rational training and certification
- developerWorks Rational: Technical resources for Rational software
- Rational talks to you: View Rational webcasts, podcasts and events
- developerWorks demo by same author on Tips and tricks for tailoring code generation with Rational Rhapsody in Ada
- Read this article by the same author on Developing smarter Ada applications using a model-driven approach with UML 2.0 and Ada 2005 interfaces
- Learn more about the GNAT Ada compiler.
- Check out the developerWorks Rational Rhapsody forum