Learn about recursion and casting, traceability, and other advanced concepts and procedures in Part 2 of this two-part video demonstration.
Learn about recursion and casting and why they are important to IBM® Rational® Rhapsody® models. Narrator Andy Lapping also shows advanced examples of ICD generation and traceability in Part 2 of this two-part video demonstration.
31 minutes, 51 seconds.
Number of demos in series
|Rational Rhapsody family product download||---|
- To learn more about this tool for collaborative, model-driven development for embedded systems, start with the Rational Rhapsody product line overview and the Rational Rhapsody page on IBM developerWorks. Also see the Rational Rhapsody 7.6 information center and the Changing the location of help content section to get a local copy of the documentation. Explore the various versions, too:
- IBM Rational Rhapsody Architect for Software, a visual development environment for embedded systems and software
- IBM Rational Rhapsody Architect for Systems Engineers
- IBM Rational Rhapsody Designer for Systems Engineers
- IBM Rational Rhapsody Developer for collaborative, model-driven development of embedded systems. This edition is required for Eclipse users, and editions are available to create specialized projects in C, C++, Java, and Ada languages.
- To learn more about Rational Rhapsody design management capabilities, check out the IBM Rational Rhapsody Design Manager to see how to collaborate, share, review, and manage designs and models with the entire engineering team. Also see the Design Management page on Jazz.net.
- Learn more about Rational Publishing Engine features and benefits:
- For more help with templates and schemas:
- For more tips, tutorials, and sample templates, check the Rational Publishing Engine Community wiki and the Rational Publishing Engine Template library.
- If part of what you want to include in your reports is in Microsoft Office documents, you can find help in either the 2007 Office System: XML Schema Reference or Office 2003: XML Reference Schemas. To download XSD schemas for Microsoft Office products, navigate to Microsoft Office Project 2007 XML Data Interchange Schema to download the XSD schema required to report on Microsoft Project data. Read the Microsoft article titled Create an XML data file and XML schema file from worksheet data to learn more about how to create appropriate schemas for reporting Excel data.
- Explore the Rational software area on developerWorks for technical resources, best practices, and information about Rational collaborative and integrated solutions for software and systems delivery.
- Stay current with developerWorks technical events and webcasts focused on a variety of IBM products and IT industry topics.
- Improve your skills. Check the Rational training and certification catalog, which includes many types of courses on a wide range of topics. You can take some of them anywhere, anytime, and many of the Getting Started ones are free.
Get products and technologies
- Take a tour of Rational Rhapsody with an online trial, or download Rational Rhapsody or special editions to evaluate the software, free of charge, for 30 days.
- Evaluate IBM software in the way that suits you best: Download it for a trial, try it online, use it in a cloud environment.
- Join the discussion in the Rational Rhapsody forum.
- Ask questions, give answers, and get involved in the Rational Publishing Engine communities: forums, user groups, blogs and wikis.
- Get connected with your peers and keep up on the latest information in the Rational community.
- Rate or review Rational software. It's quick and easy.
- Share your knowledge and help others who use Rational software by writing a developerWorks article. Find out what makes a good developerWorks article and how to proceed.
- Follow Rational software on Facebook, Twitter (@ibmrational), and YouTube, and add your comments and requests.
- Ask and answer questions and increase your expertise when you get involved in the Rational forums, cafés, and wikis.