Part 1 shows how to use IBM® Rational® Publishing Engine to create, test, and publish a simple report using IBM® Rational® DOORS® requirements management software as the data source. Be sure to watch that first. This demonstration shows how to add information to your report, generate a table of contents, and then publish it and check the output.
|Demo transcript||RPE-authorpart2_transcript.pdf||21 KB|
|Product download||Download: Rational DOORS Next Generation||---|
|Product sandbox||Sandbox: Rational DOORS Web Access||---|
- Learn more about Rational Publishing Engine features and benefits by checking the product page and the overview, plus the many how-to articles, tutorials, and other resources on the developerWorks page. For documentation, see the information center.
- For help with templates and schemas:
- Watch the demo to see how you can use Rational Publishing Engine, including how to configure templates.
- For more tips, tutorials and sample templates, visit the Rational Publishing Engine Community wiki and check the Rational Publishing Engine Template library.
- If part of what you want to include in your reports is in Microsoft Office documents, here's where you can find help: Go to either 2007 Office System: XML Schema Reference or Office 2003: XML Reference Schemas to download XSD schemas for Microsoft Office products. Navigate to Microsoft Office Project 2007 XML Data Interchange Schema to download the XSD schema required to report on Microsoft Project data. Read the Microsoft article titled Create an XML data file and XML schema file from worksheet data to learn more about how to create appropriate schemas for reporting Excel data.
- Browse the examples and tutorials on the Rational Publishing Engine wiki and follow the Rational Publishing Engine Actual blog.
- From the Rational DOORS developerWorks page, browse how-to articles, learning resources, links to support and more information, plus download it for evaluation.
- Explore the Rational software area on developerWorks for technical resources, best practices, and information about Rational collaborative and integrated solutions for software and systems delivery.
- Stay current with developerWorks technical events and webcasts focused on a variety of IBM products and IT industry topics.
- Improve your skills. Check the Rational training and certification catalog, which includes many types of courses on a wide range of topics. You can take some of them anywhere, anytime, and many of the Getting Started ones are free.
Get products and technologies
- Download trial versions of IBM Rational software.
- Evaluate other IBM software in the way that suits you best: Download it for a trial, try it online, use it in a cloud environment, or spend a few hours in the SOA Sandbox learning how to implement service-oriented architecture efficiently.
- Ask questions, give answers, and get involved in the Rational Publishing Engine communities: forums, user groups, blogs and wikis.
- Get connected with your peers and keep up on the latest information in the Rational community.
- Rate or review Rational software. It's quick and easy.
- Share your knowledge and help others who use Rational software by writing a developerWorks article. Find out what makes a good developerWorks article and how to proceed.
- Follow Rational software on Facebook, Twitter (@ibmrational), and YouTube, and add your comments and requests.
- Ask and answer questions and increase your expertise when you get involved in the Rational forums, cafés, and wikis.