If you use HP Application Lifecycle Management software (HP ALM) for quality management, you can use the IBM® Rational® Adapter for HP ALM to integrate data with Rational® Requirements Composer, Rational® DOORS® Next Generation, Rational Team Concert™, or Rational® ClearQuest®. Developers, testers, and analysts can then work in their own tools and collaborate with each other by using linked resources. Using this integrated environment, you can link test plans to associated requirements collections, and you can reconcile requirements collections with HP ALM test folders to ensure test coverage of requirements. You can also link failed test runs to work items or link change sets to defects that are tracked in HP ALM.
The Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters also integrate the Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) with selected non-IBM software. The adapters enable IBM Rational customers to get greater value from CLM applications when working in an environment with ALM tools from different companies. The first release includes adapters for HP ALM, Atlassian JIRA, and Git software.
|Demo transcript||24 KB||HTTP|
|Product download||Evaluate Rational Requirements Composer||N/A||HTTP|
|Product download||Evaluate Rational DOORS Next Generation||N/A||HTTP|
|Product download||Evaluate Rational Team Concert||N/A||HTTP|
|Product download||Evaluate Rational ClearQuest||N/A||HTTP|
- Learn the latest about the Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters:
- Start by checking the product overview page.
- Read Using the Rational Adapter for HP ALM 60-day trial with the Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management on Jazz.net (February 2013).
- See the October 2012 announcement: IBM Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters extend the Rational ALM solution with integrations to a number of third-party tools.
- Learn more about the Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM):
- Collaborative Lifecycle Management overview page on IBM.com
- Collaborative Lifecycle Management 4.0 information center
- Collaborative Lifecycle Management 4.0 sandboxes
- Collaborative Lifecycle Management page on Jazz.net
- Explore the Rational software area on developerWorks for technical resources, best practices, and information about Rational collaborative and integrated solutions for software and systems delivery.
- Stay current with developerWorks technical events and webcasts focused on a variety of IBM products and IT industry topics.
- Attend a free developerWorks Live! briefing to get up-to-speed quickly on IBM products and tools, as well as IT industry trends.
- Watch developerWorks on-demand demos, ranging from product installation and setup demos for beginners to advanced functionality for experienced developers.
- Improve your skills. Check the Rational training and certification catalog, which includes many types of courses on a wide range of topics. You can take some of them anywhere, anytime, and many of the Getting Started ones are free.
Get products and technologies
- Download and evaluate the Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters that you need, either the Standard Edition or adapters for HP ALM, Git, or JIRA.
- Evaluate IBM software in the way that suits you best: Download it for a trial, try it online, use it in a cloud environment, or spend a few hours in the SOA Sandbox learning how to implement service-oriented architecture efficiently.
- Get connected with your peers and keep up on the latest information in the Rational community.
- Rate or review Rational software. It's quick and easy.
- Share your knowledge and help others who use Rational software by writing a developerWorks article. Find out what makes a good developerWorks article and how to proceed.
- Follow Rational software on Facebook, Twitter (@ibmrational), and YouTube, and add your comments and requests.
- Ask and answer questions and increase your expertise when you get involved in the Rational forums, cafés, and wikis.
Jason Green is an IBM Rational course developer with nine years of software training experience in a range of software products, from enterprise architecture and object modeling software to collaborative application lifecycle management, APM, and OSLC. His expertise is in video learning and accelerated multimedia training. Jason operates multiple YouTube channels for IBM Rational software and consults on multimedia projects across IBM. He currently focuses on the integration of traditional text-based learning formats and the next generation of searchable, indexed video training. Jason has written many articles on the future of electronic learning and continues to research the subject. He resides in the New England region of the US.