This first of two videos demonstrates using the IBM Rational DOORS Next Generation web client, which is one of the two clients licensed with DOORS.
This first of two videos demonstrates using the IBM® Rational® DOORS® Next Generation web client, which is one of the two clients licensed with DOORS. This video explores requirements management features from the perspective of complex systems engineering, in particular the ability to use modules to manage a hierarchy of requirement document levels and their associated traceability. The advanced features of this thin client mean that you can work entirely in your web browser, if you prefer. Although the web client and Rational Jazz™ architecture are shared with IBM® Rational® Requirements Composer, this video explores requirements management features from the perspective of complex systems engineering, in particular the ability to use modules to manage a hierarchy of requirement document levels and their associated traceability. Narrator and IBM Senior Applications Engineer Fraser Chadburn explains provision of an open and integrated solution and gives a short introduction to dashboards, the collections of widgets that display real-time information about your project. He also covers requirement management capabilities similar to Rational DOORS, such as modules, baselines, views, and suspect link detection, as well as features unique to this new Jazz technology-based software, such as requirement reuse, online commenting and review, and the links explorer. He also demonstrates several usability features, such as the scroll preview window, quick search, and use of glossary terms.
14 minutes, 34 seconds.
|Rational DOORS Next Generation product download||web_dw_rt_swd||---|
|Rational Requirements Composer product download||rational-requirements-composer||---|
- Start with the overview of the IBM requirements management solution.
- See the developerWorks page for Rational Requirements Composer, and then review the product overview page and the features and benefits. For details and documentation, check the information center.
- Browse the Rational DOORS developerWorks page for links to technical articles and many related resources, and check the Rational DOORS Next Generation page on Jazz.net. For detailed instructions, explore the Rational DOORS Information Center.
- For information about other options, explore the Rational software area on developerWorks for technical resources, best practices, and information about Rational collaborative and integrated solutions for software and systems delivery.
- Stay current with developerWorks technical events and webcasts focused on a variety of IBM products and IT industry topics.
- Improve your skills. Check the Rational training and certification catalog, which includes many types of courses on a wide range of topics. You can take some of them anywhere, anytime, and many of the Getting Started ones are free.
Get products and technologies
- Download the Rational Requirements Composer free trial or try it on the cloud.
- Evaluate other IBM software in the way that suits you best: Download it for a trial, try it online, use it in a cloud environment.
- Join the Using Rational Requirements Composer forum on Jazz.net to ask questions and participate in discussions.
- Get connected with your peers and keep up on the latest information in the Rational community.
- Rate or review Rational software. It's quick and easy.
- Share your knowledge and help others who use Rational software by writing a developerWorks article. Find out what makes a good developerWorks article and how to proceed.
- Follow Rational software on Facebook, Twitter (@ibmrational), and YouTube, and add your comments and requests.
- Ask and answer questions and increase your expertise when you get involved in the Rational forums, cafés, and wikis.