In part two of this three-part series, the team learns from their organization that they need to follow a security policy and make sure that their final product is free of vulnerabilities and exposures to hacker attacks. IBM® Rational® Method Composer is installed in shell-share mode with IBM® Rational Team Concert™.
Rational Method Composer Version 7.5.1 provides new Rational Team Concert interoperability, including work item template export and creation of plans and work items in based on proven process patterns. Practitioners can get the relevant process and practice guidance directly, in the context of their work assignments, and method authors can use Rational Team Concert for configuration and change management of their process assets. In addition, because Rational Method Composer and the Rational Team Concert for Eclipse client can share a common user interface, by using a procedure known as shell sharing, team members can quickly and easily update their team process descriptions within the Rational Team Concert for Eclipse client.
The Rational Team Concert work item service is shared by the other CLM tools in the Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM), which is based on Jazz™ technology: IBM® Rational® Quality Manager, Rational® Requirements Composer, and Design Manager. Therefore, many of these capabilities are also available to those who use those tools.
|Product download||Rational Method Composer||N/A|
|Product download||Rational Team Concert||N/A|
- For more information, see the Integrating with Rational Team Concert topic in the Rational Method Composer and Practices wiki.
- For where to find detailed information and specifications, see the Rational Method Composer page on developerWorks.
- Explore the Rational software area on developerWorks for technical resources, best practices, and information about Rational collaborative and integrated solutions for software and systems delivery.
Get products and technologies
- Download Rational Method Composer to try it at no charge.
- Download Rational Team Concert from Jazz.net and try it free on up to 10 projects for as long as you want (requires registration). If you'd prefer, you can try it in the sandbox instead, without installing it on your own system.
- Download free trial versions of other Rational software.