Reducing cost, mitigating risk and improve agility are things that are important for organizations. Today significant amount of funds are spent to just keeping the lights on - creating high costs and risks with little or no agility. With IBM® Rational® solutions for Application Portfolio Management, organizations can optimize IT alterations to support business changes.
Application Portfolio Management is the practice of continuously assessing the applications that run your business in terms of their business value, enhancement potential, and cost. It provides a transparent and objective process for managing investments in existing applications. It does so by providing the information gathering and analytics capabilities to enable better and faster decisions. In most organizations, information around the application inventory, the associated technology, financial performance, business value, technical debt and service quality is distributed across siloed organizations, a myriad of spreadsheets and systems, or in people’s head. This prevents meaningful analysis of this information at time of decision making.
- IBM Rational Focal Point: Find technical developer content and resources on developerWorks.
- Rational Focal Point product page: Learn more about the product.
- Portfolio, product, and project management: Rational solutions that transform the way organizations define and deliver value.
- developerWorks technical events: Stay current with developerWorks technical events.
Get products and technologies
- Evaluate IBM products: Download a product trial, try a product online, use a product in a cloud environment, or spend a few hours in the SOA Sandbox learning how to implement service oriented architecture efficiently.