Electronic forms are an attractive way to automate paper-based processes and reduce material and personnel costs. This demo shows how to create an XML-based electronic form solution in three steps using Lotus® Forms to capture and send the data, and DB2® pureXML® to receive and store the data. The two are linked by a simple Web service that takes only minutes to create with Data Studio. This demo shows how to create the DB2 database and table to store the XML, how to create the Web service, and how to create the simple data capture and transmission form. It then shows you the running application, including how to query the data stored in DB2 pureXML and a Cognos® report built from the data.
- Integrated Data Management solutions page.
- DB2 family: Provides the foundation of information on demand.
- "Build an intelligent eForms solution based on DB2 pureXML, Lotus Forms, and Web services": developerWorks article that guides you through the same steps as the demo.
- DB2 pureXML enablement wiki: Articles, success stories, news items, and demos for DB2 pureXML.
- DB2 pureXML industry-specific solutions wiki: Find white papers, demos, and other resources.
- Lotus Forms product page.
- Data Studio Portal wiki: Find resources, tools, links, and much more.
- Integrated Data Management (Optim and Data Studio) space.