IBM Mixed Language Application Modernization Pattern V1.0 is a virtual application pattern used to deploy and manage mixed language applications within a cloud environment using either the IBM® Workload Deployer or on IBM PureApplication™ System. Using this pattern in conjunction with the IBM Web Application Pattern V2.0 enables cloud application writers to efficiently create modern cloud ready mixed language applications using existing application components written in C, COBOL and JEE languages. Existing time tested enterprise application assets can thus be leveraged to create modern applications for the cloud.
By utilizing readily available Java® skills to extend existing applications into JEE, it's possible to deliver new functionality to meet new business needs far faster than rewriting the entire application. This pattern provides a quick, easy, and repeatable deployment of middleware and other components associated with composite mixed language transactional applications.
- PureApplication System product information
- Empowering your organization through patterns of expertise
- System requirements for IBM Mixed Language Application Modernization Pattern V1.0
- Upgrading the IBM Mixed Language Application Modernization Pattern info center
- IBM Mixed Language Application Modernization Pattern V1.0.0 product description
- IBM PureSystems technical developer content and resources.
- IBM Workload Deployer community
- Follow developerWorks on Twitter.
Get products and technologies
- Evaluate IBM products in the way that suits you best: Download a product trial, try a product online, use a product in a cloud environment, or spend a few hours in the SOA Sandbox learning how to implement Service Oriented Architecture efficiently.
- Get involved in the developerWorks community. Connect with other developerWorks users while exploring the developer-driven blogs, forums, groups, and wikis.