IBM SmartCloud Entry (delivered as IBM Starter Kit for Cloud)The IBM SmartCloud Entry is a self-service portal for the Cloud end-user that complements IBM® Systems Director VMControl™, and various other cloud implementations. The SmartCloud Entry enables you to work with virtual appliances and workloads focusing on the end-user’s perspective, rather than the IT or systems administrator’s perspective. Self-service capabilities simplify the process of executing many common public or private Cloud operations such as:
- Provisioning and de-provisioning servers (process known as deploying)
- Drafting and cloning deployments
- Taking deployment snapshots
- Starting up and shutting down servers
- Resizing existing servers
These and many other features are included in this version of the IBM Starter Kit for Cloud.
Please see this Group's Wiki to access user and admin documentation as well as special instructions.