IBM Connections 4.0 is social software for business that provides an
exceptional social platform that helps enable you to access the right
people and internal and external content in your professional networks
and communities. With IBM Connections 4.0 you can track the activity of
your network, and respond more quickly using the embedded experience
within the activity stream. You can also bring external applications and
content into the activity stream to respond in context, saving time and
reducing context switching. These are just a few of the many features
in IBM Connections 4.0 that will allow you to increase personal and
organizational effectiveness by creating, connecting, and sharing in one
easy to use social experience. Attendees will learn about these
features during the 2 day workshop and get hands-on experience by
participating in lab exercises.
This event will highlight the following:
- Learn the fundamentals of WebSphere Application Server.
- Learn how to install IBM Connections 4.0 and IBM Connections Mail.
- Learn about the new features in IBM Connections 4.0 such as: Activity Streams, IBM Connections Mail and Metrics.
- Learn how to socialise existing applications using the IBM Connections APIs, iWidgets and OpenSocial gadgets.
- Learn hoe to publish third-party events into a user's Activity Stream.