The IBM Business Process Manager v188.8.131.52 was release in November’2012
The new features of Business Process Manager 184.108.40.206 are as follows:
There are enhancements done to existing features of Business Process Manager like Coaches (Next generation) , Governance, Integration with Enterprise Content Management systems and various other features.
Below are some of the enhancements done in BPM8010. For the detailed list refer the IBM Infocenter.( http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/dmndhelp/v8r0m1/topic/com.ibm.wbpm.main.doc/topics/cbpm_whatsnew.html)
Coach Designer Enhancements
- The BPMv8.0 lacked validations. In BPMv220.127.116.11 Coach View Validation Framework is introduced. The coach view validation framework happens on the client side. The framework ensures that the Submitting the page is denied until none of the constraints are violated.
- New feature of incorporating IBM BPMv8010 coaches within IBM WebSphere Portal hosted composite applications
- New Stock coach views are available. The new coach views had different customizations option available
- Radio buttons
- Text area
- Improving a developers experience by showing variables that match the coach view binding. Example: For a date type only controls supporting Date types will be displayed.
- An enhancement is done to a coach view to expose the configuration properties. These exposed configuration properties can also be realized in the coach using the custom coach view. Example: Coach View-A has exposed a visibility configuration. The Coach view-B using Coach view-A as a control can configure the visibility property in the property of Coach view-A
- Improvement done to Ajax services.
- Only Ajax services matching signatures will be available for selection while configuring any coach view like Select control.
- If we select “New” a new Ajax service with matching signature is created.
- Inline editor is available for imported .css files.
- Multi-select Coach view improvements: More configurations available for Multi-select coach view such as sorting related.
Enhancements done to integration of BPMv8010 and Enterprise content management systems(ECM)
BPMv8000 had outbound integration with the ECM systems. BPMv8010 now adds inbound integration with the ECM systems.
BPMv8010 enhances the BPM-ECM integration by introducing built-in constructs that can subscribe to the lifecycle events in the ECM systems. Example: A BPD can be initiated on documents getting created, updated, deleted, checked-in or checked-out.
BPMv8010 provides an event handler that needs to be installed and configured on an ECM system. The documentation for the same is available at IBM public infocenter.
BPMv8010 provides integration capabilities with SAP Blueprint processes. The SAP Blueprint processes can be imported into the Process designer and then using BPM capabilities these (SAP) Blueprint processes can be further enriched.
This integration capability provides the ease of modeling and documenting Blueprint processes which reduces the dependencies on SAP experts. As BPM provides the easy to handle tools where a Business person can model and document the processes, he is best at.
BPM-SAP integration provides access to SAP API to get transaction information of current task.
While importing the SAP blueprint processes:
- SAP Project becomes Process App
- SAP Processes becomes BPDs(Business Process Definitions) under the created Process App
- SAP Process steps becomes the Activities within the BPDs created
- SAP Elements like Transaction codes can also be Add/Modified/Deleted
- The SAP documentation also gets updated on the BPM side. The Documentation tab has the link to SAP process documentation.
- Tags in the BPDs on the BPM side are the Business Scenarios as per the SAP blueprint project.
While exporting the SAP blueprint processes:
- When the BPD is exported back to SAP Solution manager, SAP creates a document link in SAP to link to the BPD. This link is the URL link which opens the BPD in the Process center.
Enhanced Process Governance
A Governance process can be now be associated to a Process App. Every Process App can have its own Governance Process.
Two Governance process templates are available for extension.
- Snapshot status change
- Snapshot installation
The templates provide the necessary basic details like variables which are available for the modeling of governed processes.
Linking enhancements provide BPM8010 integration with external environments
In development process while enhancing the Process Application iteratively, each activity, BPD can be linked to external environment like Rational Team Concert.
- Every activity, BPD can be associated to Requirements, Features, Defects, etc
- Every link created can be defined as a specific type such as Requirements, Defects, etc
- External files such as requirement documents, specifications can be attached to the Process app will creating links. These files are treated as “Design” types
- Using Links API a report can be created such as a Defect impacting which assets within the Process apps/Toolkits .
Enhancements done to Web Services Fault Handling
- WSDL faults can be handled.
- Faults are caught using BPMN notation.
- External web services no longer need to update their target namespace each time a snapshot is made of a process application.
- Enhancements done while discovering WSDL by providing appropriate discovery error messages.
Process Portal Enhancements
Bookmark a page: New feature can replace the default Process portal start page. So a Saved Search page can be marked as default. This enables the business user after login to directly start with Saved Search page to begin the daily tasks.
IBM Connections integration: Support for IBM Connections integrations. After configuration the default business card of the business user can be replaced with that of IBM Connections business card.
Process Designer Enhancements
Data Visualization: A typical business process usually has large number of variables for data exchange among the various activities within the Business Process. Data Visualization provides a view which helps a Business programmer to view flow of data throughout the Process flow.
Tag Groups: Alongwith the existing functionality of Groups Tag Groups feature enables to group the tags. Example: For different category of customers the BPDs can be tagged. Customer is the Tag Group. It can have child Tags such as Platinum, Gold or Silver
Enhancements to IBM Process Center and Process Server
New Process server commands: BPMDeleteSnapshot Command available to delete a particular snapshot of a Process application. There are some pre-requisites which need to be met. Refer IBM Infocenter for the same.
BPMProcessInstancesCleanup command is used to delete Process instance of a particular snapshot. Refer IBM Infocenter for its usage.
Process Instance Error Recovery: Process Inspector comes with a new feature of recovery of a failed Process Instance. The instance payload data can be changed to re-run the instance and recover the failure.