This e-Kit can help you uncover many of the building blocks of Web 2.0 and increase your understanding of how to bring the core concepts of Web 2.0 together to design and deliver great Web applications and user experiences.
Web 2.0 evokes different expectations that often challenge developers and IT professionals:
- Users want functionally rich situational applications that are intuitive to use and accessible from multiple devices.
- Businesses want to realize the advantages of Web 2.0 to drive development, collaboration, productivity and cost savings.
- IT departments continue moving at lightspeed to leverage the Web as a primary platform.
By focusing on these key Web 2.0 topics, you’ll be on your way to building 21st century user interfaces and learning how to take the upper hand with Web 2.0:
- Rich internet applications and Web 2.0 application development
- Enterprise mashups
- Collaboration and Social computing
Register now and you’ll have unlimited access to a series of podcasts – many of which are exclusive to this e-kit, demos, webcasts, tutorials and articles, case studies, trials and much more that you can leverage as you look to unleash your creativity and productivity to deliver Web 2.0 solutions.
Content exclusive to this e-Kit is noted with a checkmark.
Here is a sample of what’s available in this e-Kit:
- IBM Rational Simplifies Web 2.0 Application Development
- How Enterprise Mashups Can Solve Your Application Backlog Problem
- Why re-invent a solution when you can repurpose your Information with Data Mashups
- Shaping Dynamic Business using Web 2.0 Solutions
Demos and webcasts
- Demo: Rational Application Developer V7.5: Rich Internet application development tools
- Demo: IBM Mashup Center
- Webcast: Building a learning community at the University of London with Lotus Connections
- Webcast: Playing from the same Score: Rational ClearCase and Rational Team Concert in Perfect Harmony!
Tutorials from developerWorks
- Collaborate and develop in real-time using Rational Team Concert
- How to document your team's processes for IBM Rational Team Concert using IBM Rational Method Composer
- Introducing IBM WebSphere sMash: Build RESTful services for your Web application
- Extend the reach of data for IBM Mashup Center
- Build server-side mashups with Geronimo and REST
- Creating mashups on the Google App Engine using Eclipse
Case studies and white papers
- Case study: ZSL develops Web 2.0 assets 3 times faster with IBM WebSphere sMash
- Case study: Jibes creates dynamic demand planning for semi-conductor industry using enterprise mashups from IBM
- Case study: A Web 2.0 consultancy streamlines collaborative proposal writing and document management with IBM Lotus Quickr
- Case study: Yulon Motors and IBM break new ground for Web 2.0
- Case study: The Sydney Diocese of The Anglican Church of Australia spreads the word with the help of IBM Lotus collaboration tools
- White paper: Integrating IBM WebSphere Portal and IBM Mashup Center software
Other resources: developerWorks articles and eBooks
- Article: Writing a custom Dojo application
- Article: Web 2.0 architecture for the enterprise
- Article: Testing Flex applications using IBM Rational Functional Tester 7.0.1
- Article: Web 2.0 Application Development using JPA, AJAX, and Dojo tools in Rational Application Developer Version 7.5
- Article: Implementing Enterprise 2.0
- Article: Choosing between mashups and traditional Web applications
- Article: Building enterprise mashup applications using Mainsoft SharePoint Federator and IBM WebSphere Portal
- Article: Social computing: Maximizing the power of Web 2.0
- Article: Integrating IBM Lotus Connections, IBM Lotus Sametime, and IBM Lotus Quickr in an enterprise
- Article: Implementing and deploying Google gadgets for the IBM Lotus Connections home page
- Telelconference: Web 2.0 made simple for System z
- eBook: Making Web 2.0 work for you