This white paper describes how to copy a complete set of IBM Sametime® servers and get them working with new network host names. These instructions are useful if you want to change your network topology, or if you want to clone an existing environment. The server types covered include Sametime Community Server, Sametime Meeting Server, Sametime Proxy Server, Sametime Media Server and the Sametime System Console.
In this white paper
- Changing the Sametime Community Server host name
- Changing the Sametime WAS-based Server host names
- Changing the DB2 server's host name
- About the authors
|White paper in PDF format||ChangingHostnameSTserverFinalRev1.pdf||809 KB|
|Change WAS Host script||changeWASHost.jy||1 KB|
|Host Alias script||hostAlias.jy||2 KB|
|Server Port script||serverPort.jy||2 KB|
- Participate in the discussion forum.
- Read the developerWorks article, "The WebSphere Contrarian: Changing host names and migrating profiles in WebSphere Application Server."
- Watch the presentation, "IBM Sametime 8.5.2 Installation - From Zero To Hero – Basics," to learn how to set up a complete Sametime 8.5.2 environment from scratch.
- Refer to the Sametime product documentation.