This white paper provides an overview and recommendations for how to get the most from the IBM Lotus® Notes® 8.5.3 client on the Citrix® XenApp™ 5.0 and Citrix XenApp 6.0 servers. Specifically, it shows that by tuning the environment, you can realize significant improvements when running the Notes client on XenApp.
In this white paper
- Lotus Notes 8.5.3
- Citrix XenApp Server and Client
- Overview of the analysis
- Test strategy
- Test methodology
- Systems under test
- Scalability results and analysis
- Appendix A: Windows Server and XenApp Server optimizations
- Appendix B: Environment optimizations
- Appendix C: Lotus Notes optimization
- Appendix D: Test Environment preparations
- Appendix E: Performance objects and counters
- Appendix F: Lotus Notes install
- About the authors
|White paper in PDF format||Notes853XenAppScalability_FINAL.pdf||742 KB|
- Participate in the discussion forum.
- developerWorks article, "Using IBM Rational Performance Tester V7.0.1 to load test IBM Lotus Notes standard client in a Citrix environment"
- IBM Support Technote #1265898, Steps for installing Lotus Notes 8 on a Citrix Presentation server
- IBM Support Technote #1314211, Lotus Notes scalability in a Citrix Presentation Server (XenApp) 4.5 environment
- IBM Support Technote #1314212, Does the Notes embedded Sametime client work with Citrix Presentation Server (XenApp) 4.5?
- IBM Support Technote #1295156, Two users cannot launch Lotus Notes 8.0 on a Citrix server
- IBM Support Technote #1444437, Scalability differences between iNotes 8.5.2 in IE8 and IE6 on Citrix XenApp.
- IBM Support Technote #1330177, How to improve memory usage of Notes Standard clients on Citrix.
- IBM Support Technote #1516507, Sametime chat windows fail to open in Internet Explorer 8 with iNotes 8.5.3 on Citrix XenApp 6.