This white paper provides an overview and recommendations for how to get the most from the IBM Lotus® Notes® 8.5.2 client on the Citrix® XenApp™ 5.0 server. Specifically, it shows that by tuning the environment, you can realize significant improvements when running the Notes client on XenApp. This is true for both the standard and the basic configurations of Lotus Notes.
Moreover, the new support for Microsoft® Windows® 2008 SP2 by Notes 8.5.2, together with memory improvements, means increased scalability to even higher numbers than before at a much reduced cost. We also present the testing environment, tuning parameters, and the workflows that were executed to gather the scalability data on Notes 8.5.2.
In this white paper
- Overview of the analysis
- Test methods
- Test plan
- Lotus Notes 8.5.2 and Citrix XenApp 5.0 scalability testing
- Scalability results and analysis
- Appendix A: Summary of Lotus Notes Basic 8.5.2 Client scalability results
- Appendix B: Summary of Lotus iNotes® 8.5.2 Client scalability results
- Appendix C: Windows Server 2003 and XenApp Server optimizations
- Appendix D: Environment optimizations
- Appendix E: Physical Address Extension (/PAE)
- Appendix F: Lotus Notes optimization
- Appendix G: Workflows
- Appendix H: Test Environment preparations
- Appendix I: Performance objects and counters
- Appendix J: Lotus Notes install
- About the authors
|White paper in PDF format||Notes852XenApp50Final_Update.pdf||832 KB|
- Participate in the discussion forum.
- IBM Support Technote #1314215, What install methods are supported when installing the Notes client in a Citrix environment?
- IBM Support Technote #1265898, Steps for installing Lotus Notes 8 on a Citrix Presentation server
- IBM Support Technote #1314211, Lotus Notes scalability in a Citrix Presentation Server (XenApp) 4.5 environment
- IBM Support Technote #1314212, Does the Notes embedded Sametime client work with Citrix Presentation Server (XenApp) 4.5?
- IBM Support Technote #1386866, Upgrading a Notes deployment on the Citrix platform—release-specific upgrade matrix
- IBM Support Technote #1295156, Two users cannot launch Lotus Notes 8.0 on a Citrix server
- Technote #1444437, Scalability differences between iNotes 8.5.2 in IE8 and IE6 on Citrix XenApp.
- developerWorks article, "Using IBM Rational Performance Tester V7.0.1 to load test IBM Lotus Notes standard client in a Citrix environment"